ESPN Gameplan - Standard Def only? Ever going to see HD college ball?

mattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 14, 2011
n/a
Is there some reason why ESPN gameplan games are always standard definition? This is the 2nd year I've bought the package and I'm still disappointed that there is no high def content here.

ESPN game plan is SD only...across all providers

Thats why lots of folks dont subscribe to it. Although a fair amount of those games may not be in HD to begin with.
Looking at the past weeks schedule there were 11 games produced in HD, 6 that weren't. Out of those 11 2 would be the games on your local ABC

Alot of folks just get the sports pack as a fair amount of those games are carried on RSN's which should be in HD (I guess that depends on the sports bandwidth Dish gives it)

I've subscribed to ESPN Gameplan for 5 years now. It has never been in HD and I'm betting that continues for the foreseeable future. This will probably be the last time I subscribe because I bet I haven't watched 30 minutes combined this season. The only reason I even got it this year is because I complained to DISH about the crappy SD feeds (I know, not their problem) and they gave it to me half price. It seems half of the Gameplan games anymore are sub-FBS games now. I couldn't give a rat's ass about Colgate vs. Drake.

Because ESPN is making money off you and I without having to invest in a HD delivery infrastructure.

The quality of ESPN3's feeds are almost better that the SD feeds on my Dish Network that's just sad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)