Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
I just ordered the Chicago feeds. I'm an existing sub to the SD feeds. I was supposedly given the price of 13.33 for the HD feeds plus what my SD feeds cost.
She went to ask a super when that price came up on her computer,because she thought the price was 24.99.
I asked a couple of times if that was my per month price. I believe the 13.33 price was probably a prorated price so they can sync my HD and SD price when my SD feeds are charged around the 30th.
I will probably keep them any way since E* doesn't carry my local ABC in HD and my small market preempts network programming every time it thunders.

AKGolf

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Edmond, OK
I just ordered the Chicago feeds. I'm an existing sub to the SD feeds. I was supposedly given the price of 13.33 for the HD feeds plus what my SD feeds cost.
She went to ask a super when that price came up on her computer,because she thought the price was 24.99.
I asked a couple of times if that was my per month price. I believe the 13.33 price was probably a prorated price so they can sync my HD and SD price when my SD feeds are charged around the 30th.
I will probably keep them any way since E* doesn't carry my local ABC in HD and my small market preempts network programming every time it thunders.

Better than what I signed up for. My cost is $16.66 a feed, but that's only for the first three months using the by 2 get 3 special.

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2006
I got the Chicago channels, but they did not give me ABC. My locals are not available via Dish or DirecTV. I can get ABC on my 2 HD receivers through OTA, but my other 5 TV's, I can not get ABC at all. I would have to buy a converter box for the other 5 TV's now JUST to get ABC.

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
http://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ has been completely redone to reflect HD.
Here's what I got when i entered my address:
Standard Definition Package
(NOTE: If you DO NOT wish to receive standard definition programming, please call 1-800-909-9677)
Part# Description Monthly
147 Big 4 Networks E&W feeds $12.99

High Definition Package (Please choose the channels you would like to receive)
728 HD BIG 4-CHI w/SD $24.99
729 HD BIG 4-LA w/SD $24.99

Subtotal: $37.98
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $37.98

thekelleys08

Jun 12, 2009
Steubenville, ohio
does anyone know if the HD locals will down convert to sd on a sd reciever? I have one HD recieved and 2 SD recievers and just wanted to know if I would get the HD channels on my SD recievers

Last edited:

Rommel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jun 21, 2006
I just bought one year of all the Chicago HD locals for $289.99 and three months of KNBC Los Angeles for $14.98.
Those rumors about only being able to subscribe to one city only appear to be not true.
The customer service rep from AAD said there was a lot of confusion about the whole process due to it being day one of HD. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake offering both E/W feeds.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
http://www.mydistantnetworks.com/ has been completely redone to reflect HD.
Here's what I got when i entered my address:
Standard Definition Package
(NOTE: If you DO NOT wish to receive standard definition programming, please call 1-800-909-9677)
147 Big 4 Networks E&W feeds $12.99

High Definition Package (Please choose the channels you would like to receive)
728 HD BIG 4-CHI w/SD $24.99
729 HD BIG 4-LA w/SD $24.99

Subtotal: $37.98
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $37.98
yep this is correct.

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
Even tho i can get both Chicago and LA, I think Ill stick with LA only right now. Maybe during football season Ill add both. But I really don't know what NFL games the LA FOX & CBS will show, might be the same as San Francisco.

Pinchhitter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 13, 2004
Sacramento, CA
I just bought one year of all the Chicago HD locals for $289.99 and three months of KNBC Los Angeles for $14.98.
Those rumors about only being able to subscribe to one city only appear to be not true.
The customer service rep from AAD said there was a lot of confusion about the whole process due to it being day one of HD. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake offering both E/W feeds.

I was only able to order the West (LA) feed because they said the law indicated I could not have a set of channels from an earlier timezone. There was no way I could order the Chicago stations.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
I just added HD, They only allowed Chicago in HD only for my Zip, But its $24 +$12.99 for the 12 Networks. A little Expensive, But I think I'll drop ABC and NBC in a Month,and Keep CBS and Fox for football season.

Rommel

Jun 21, 2006
I'm watching hockey on KNBC. No blocking/distortation during any parts of the game on 60 inch Sony. Looks good to my eyes.

GordonR

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 11, 2006
New Hampshire
NFL site to help out

Even tho i can get both Chicago and LA, I think Ill stick with LA only right now. Maybe during football season Ill add both. But I really don't know what NFL games the LA FOX & CBS will show, might be the same as San Francisco.

Here is a website where you can check what specific games will be on for a specific city. I figured it out that Chicago has the better value when looking for different games from LA and NY.

NFL TV Distribution Maps

chg

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 9, 2006

Did the one year purchase get you the 13th month? $289.99 does not seem like much of a savings for 12 months.

Rommel

Jun 21, 2006
It did not include a 13 month. The yearly price averages out to $24.16 a month.
It's pretty pricey but I grew up in Chicago and was very disappointed when the Chicago HD locals went to spotbeam in February. I was very surprised to have the chance to get them back again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts