Espnu or All American Direct distants in HD

Those prices are OUT OF THIS WORLD. This is defently price gouging. I Still think NO one should sign up for these and make them lower there prices. i guess they dont get the cheaper the prices they have the more people that will sign up. The lady i spoke with about getting the HD was blaming the FCC for the prices. Not sure how they can blame them.

I just got off the phone with All American Direct. As most of you I was angry by the time I hung up without ordering. I sent the following e-mail to them.

Dear Sirs,

I called today to add HD network programming to my current SD network subscription. When I was informed that the cost would be $24.99 per month for 4 HD channels from either LA or Chicago plus the $12.99 I am currently paying for 8 SD channels, I was appalled. Twice the price for half the stations is unbelievable. $24.99 is more than the $22 per month to get the 2 premium channel package from Dish say HBO and Starz ( 14 HD and 16 SD channels). Dish offers local for $5.99 per month for 8 SD channels and when the HD version becomes available they don't quadruple the price( $14 is what I am seeing for both HD and SD). Your pricing has forced me to wait for Dish to offer HD in my DMA. I noticed on Satellite Guys that your pricing has turned off most that blog there. Please reconsider your pricing to more sane economic model.

I just got off the phone with All American Direct. As most of you I was angry by the time I hung up without ordering. I sent the following e-mail to them.

Dear Sirs,

I called today to add HD network programming to my current SD network subscription. When I was informed that the cost would be $24.99 per month for 4 HD channels from either LA or Chicago plus the $12.99 I am currently paying for 8 SD channels, I was appalled. Twice the price for half the stations is unbelievable. $24.99 is more than the $22 per month to get the 2 premium channel package from Dish say HBO and Starz ( 14 HD and 16 SD channels). Dish offers local for $5.99 per month for 8 SD channels and when the HD version becomes available they don't quadruple the price( $14 is what I am seeing for both HD and SD). Your pricing has forced me to wait for Dish to offer HD in my DMA. I noticed on Satellite Guys that your pricing has turned off most that blog there. Please reconsider your pricing to more sane economic model.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if AAD go rolled by the networks for carrying their HD. Who knows how much they are paying for the HD network feeds, let alone what Chuckles is charging for transponder rent. They may be gouging or passing along costs or maybe both to some extent. It'd be interesting to know. I don't see a lot of business coming their way given the high cost, but what do I know?

okay heres an eastern town/zipcode which auto qualifies for all distant channels
Jackman ME

I called AAD today and added 16 dns channels ny and sf in sd and la and chicago in hd
for the bargin price today only
$1,099.96 annually
what a bargin, i know

okay heres an eastern town/zipcode which auto qualifies for all distant channels
Jackman ME

I called AAD today and added 16 dns channels ny and sf in sd and la and chicago in hd
for the bargin price today only
$1,099.96 annually
what a bargin, i know

Something does not add up with your figures. That is twice the highest price anyone else has paid. You quote $91.66 per month.:eek:

We don't have a local ABC station in our market, so we are forced to pay $7.49 a month to add one in HD, while other markets have one included in their locals package. Dish should be able to add the missing networks from neighboring markets to the local packages like Directv does, but since they got in trouble, I guess they never will be able to.

$7.49 for one channel a month is too expensive. What are they thinking?

You people who are actually ordering it are crazy!!

Yes you should call and ask them the price but then decline due to the cost!

If they see they can get that much from subscribers, why would they lower the price?

You people who are actually ordering it are crazy!!

Yes you should call and ask them the price but then decline due to the cost!

If they see they can get that much from subscribers, why would they lower the price?

Exactly, we should call and sound interested until they mention the price, then say it's to expensive so thanks but no thanks.

Putting these HD cities conUS, charging a huge amount of cash, it seems to me that maybe this is a setup for movers getting the channels directly from Dish for $6. People who want Cadillac type service can go to AAD and pay out the @#$. Dish losing that $6 surely doesn't sit well with them. I can't see people paying more than $20 to get 1 HD city, and East West SD.

edit: yes I know that right now you can not get SF or NY of the conUS transmission just by them being your local city.

I called as a current subscriber to ABC East and West on 245 and 246. The first guy didn't act like he had a clue how to even qualify an address and was going to charge me $9.99 for Chicago ABC HD since I didn't qualify for all four networks. He thought SD meant standard package...I just hung up and called back to someone who knew more.

I ended up getting Chicago ABC HD for $14.98 quarterly which makes it about $4.93 a month. She said the 6 month or annual was the best deal but that wasn't true since at $42.98 that is still paying a little over $7 per month.

edit: yes I know that right now you can not get SF or NY of the conUS transmission just by them being your local city.
My neighbor moved here from NY, and he has NY locals in SD (from Dish). I don't know anyone in NY to where I would "move" to. If NY isn't conUS, then how is he getting them? He only gets the big 4, plus WWOR and WPIX.

"Here" is in SE Texas.

Not long ago,
NPS (aka AAD) tried to rape the cband crowd for network programming. It wasn't until one of their competitors (SRL) came along and offered the networks for a more reasonable price causing NPS to reduce their prices also. This time there is no competitor. But, only you the consumer can stop the abuse.

Guys, the NY SD feed for Dish subscribers are conUS. Yes. However, that's a different transponder (feed) than what you get on AAD. AAD sends NY on 119 tp15. Dish Subs get it from 119 tp 20.

SF SD is easier to see as an example. Dish gives a spot beam for their SF subs. AAD uses a different transponder (conUS).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)