Expressvu in Palm Desert

Cali Snowbird

May 12, 2008
New to these forums. I have been a snowbird subscribing to Expressvu in Canada and TW Cable in California. Never considered bring an Expressvu receiver with me to California until I start reading a few articles in these forums. :), once in a while, I do miss Hockey Nights in Canada!

Based on my research, I can simply get a Dish Network dish and aim it at 82/91 to get some of the Expressvu channels, I know that I will lose some of the odd transponders.

1. What is the least expensive way of acquiring a dish.

2. How can I find a reliable Expressvu installer in the area.

An alternative is to subscribe to Dishnetwork and then cancel it; then re-aim the dish.

Any advice (including any alternatives you can think of) is greatly appreciated.

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
You can not get ExpressVu, in Palm Desert. I lost my service, when they moved the satellite coverage. As the previous post said, S.C. is the only answer.

If you find a good installer, for a Canadian Sat., let me know.

Oilers

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 12, 2005
Directv and Dishnetwork show Hockey Night in Canada (and TSN and SNET) games in their NHLCI packages. TW might show some as well.

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
That's too bad, when did that happen? I'm farther north than you and I lost some channels a couple of years ago when they had that problem with the new satelite but i still get most channels.

I lost track of the exact date. It's been at least a couple of years ago. Probably longer. I am considering Star Choice. I miss the Canadian programing and access to the Eastern Zone US networks.

I need to find an good installer; before I order my SC system. I wasn't happy with the local dealer, that I dealt with in the past.

pappy97

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 19, 2006
I lost track of the exact date. It's been at least a couple of years ago. Probably longer. I am considering Star Choice. I miss the Canadian programing and access to the Eastern Zone US networks.

I need to find an good installer; before I order my SC system. I wasn't happy with the local dealer, that I dealt with in the past.

Is your install going to be tough? I installed my SC on my own (with my wife's help). It was simple, but then again we were doing an apartment install using a tripod. Did have to go the Hardware store a few times, and one trip to radio shack, but it wasn't THAT bad. I did have help from the great people here too. :D

clapple

Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
Palm derset, Ca.
Is your install going to be tough? I installed my SC on my own (with my wife's help). It was simple, but then again we were doing an apartment install using a tripod. Did have to go the Hardware store a few times, and one trip to radio shack, but it wasn't THAT bad. I did have help from the great people here too. :D

Well, at my age and physical condition, self install is really not an option.:( So I nee a good installer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts