Extant

What do we know about Extant ?

Anyway: this summer, we’re getting a new science fiction show about an astronaut, courtesy of CBS. The network has ordered thirteen episodes of Extant to be produced; the show started filming a fortnight ago, and will be on the air, in the US at least, from July. Here’s everything we know about it so far:It stars Halle Berry,
Other actors that we know have been cast in Extant include: Alisha Boe (of Paranormal Activity 4 and Modern Family); Pierce Gagnon (from Looper and One Tree Hill); Grace Gummer (from American Horror Story and The Newsroom); Sergio Harford (from Without A Trace); Camryn Manheim (The Ghost Whisperer and Harry’s Law); Michael O’Neill (NCIS and Transformers); Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine and Lost); and Goran Visnjic (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Leverage).It´s got robots and probably an alien invasion.Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/extant/...-about-new-sci-fi-series-extant#ixzz2tuWaK2E5

Tessa Ferrer Joins CBS's Extant

Tessa Ferrer has joined the cast of CBS's Halle Berry-fronted summer series, TVGuide.com has confirmed.Executive-produced by Steven Spielberg, the mystery thriller stars Berry as an astronaut who returns from a year-long journey in space and attempts to reconnect with her husband (Goran Visnjic) and android son. Ferrer will recur as Katie Sparks, an over-achieving astronaut and the daughter of Michael O'Neill's Alan Sparks, who serves as the director of the ISEA.
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tessa-Ferrer-Extant-1080286.aspx

These sort of shows never live up to my expectations.
Been burned too many times.
And "network"? That doesn't inspire me, either.
We'll see.
Edit: and where the Spielberg name meant something a few decades ago, not so much any more.

Last edited:
These sort of shows never live up to my expectations.
Been burned too many times.
And "network"? That doesn't inspire me, either.
We'll see.
Edit: and where the Spielberg name meant something a few decades ago, not so much any more.

They did a decent job with Under the Dome, maybe CBS will really try to build a summer schedule.

At least Spielberg´s dinosaur show on Fox "Terra Nova" went quickly extinct, I remember watching the first episode with high expectations, watched 3 or 4 episodes at the most, but the show didnt´quite meet my expectations.

The series is as much a family drama as it is a story about artificial intelligence, the growing fear of technology and a thriller exploring if humanity is something that can be taught.

For the 5 things: hollywoodreporter.com
The series will follow a model just like its summer companion Under the Dome, meaning if the show is successful, it would continue on with a second season -- with Berry returning as its lead, producers said. In other words, don't let its billing as an "event" or "limited" series throw you -- this is a cable model 13-episode drama

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)