External Hard Drive Archive Bug Thread

HAd an error transfering 100GB of content I figured my bad since I left them protected
unprotected them and tried to move to my Seagate Agent HD and received an HD error was able
to continue after I rebooted external HD ....

now I need to transfer about 650GB of content receiver claims it's a 4 hour deal? seems to me that's a lot of time???

I've had the HD channels show only black including adjacent Voom and even HBO but with correct guide data. I think this was after watching the USB. Recovery was to switch channels, maybe more than once.

What is the correct procedure to be able to power down the drive?

-Ken

One thing I've noticed with my WD 500 my book. I power it off at night, but the nightly update turns it back on. Funny thing is if both the hdd and 622 are off, a power on of the 622 doesn't turn on my ext hdd.

I seem to be experiencing the same problem. I have a 500GB Seagate FreeAgent drive. I can archive one or many shows if I select them in the first batch, but I if I try to archive additional shows after that I get the error w/ your usb device or something I don't remember exactly. After a hard reboot of the 622, I can archive stuff again. Surely they testest this, maybe it's some kind of activation issue? I was really hoping this would work smooth as it is a very useful feature. . .

Same problem, same drive for me as well.

I am having the same problem as dfergie, Ica355,and StevenD on the same HDD. Also when I try to stop watching a program using the HDD the system will lock up. I can keep watching the same program if I hit FF and them play. A hard reboot will work for a short time.

First day... they have beta testers but question is will the beta testers put the application thru the wringer and even if they did will they tell the truth ;)Rant on Dish, if you see this let honest folks test the equipment, not stooges ;) Rant off...Mine just did it again... I think you need to not let anything be going in the background, no programs paused etc... having said that I just had it do it again... ;)
What do you expect, their beta testers are all staff members of the other forum. (And we see how well they do that.) No wonder why people are reporting bugs. :)

Is anyone else having audio dropout problems when playing HD from the external drive?

I archieved the "Chronicles of Narnia" (MPEG2 recorded on Starz in December) to the external HD. When I play it back off the HD I get very frequent audio dropouts. I have a 500GB Western Digital Caviar SATA drive hooked to a Galaxy Metal Gear Aluminum USB 2.0 case. The 622 had no problems picking it up and formating it.

SD content works great, no problems. I tried a couple of short MPEG4 programs. They worked OK. I need to transfer the movie back to the 622 to see if it is the movie or the HD. I have some more recently recorded things to experiment with.

Yup. Buggy software. Same old, same old.

I think I'll just let this one have some time to shake out. I will probably get it after it's stable. Some things just never seem to change. :rolleyes:

--Doug

I couldn't find any way to protect a recording on the External HDD. Am I just dumb or did they forget that one? :eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryez View Post
Am I hearing that you cannot record a live program to the external hard drive. It is only good for archiving.
You are hearing correct.

I wouldn't think there would be a need to protect it if u can't record live TV. If there is not enough space on your archive it seems it would just not let you move it rather than writing over it. Just my humble opinion.

Using my Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750, everything works as planned. Except that when I go to use it a second time, I get a pop up error message #: 855 (An error occurred while transferring events to your USB Storage Device). Then by either rebooting the HDD or the 622, everything will work again.

You also can't archive Pay Per View movies, but that was likely by design.

Using my Seagate FreeAgent Pro 750, everything works as planned. Except that when I go to use it a second time, I get a pop up error message #: 855 (An error occurred while transferring events to your USB Storage Device). Then by either rebooting the HDD or the 622, everything will work again.

You also can't archive Pay Per View movies, but that was likely by design.

Looks like there might be an issue with compatibility with the FreeAgent drives.

Looks like there might be an issue with compatibility with the FreeAgent drives.

This morning, when I started each 622 with Seagate Freeagent 500 GB and went to manage device, I got the 787 message to get my receivers activated. Then when I tried to send to device, I received the 855 message that an error occured in the transfer. Called E* and they had a 10:00 am eastern time memo to CSRs to take down all info and send to engineering. The CSR don't have any of the error messages I got. I soft rebooted each receiver. Still got the 787 activation error but all send to worked. I then tried to restore and the timer went to all zeros but never left the screen. I had to manually get rid of it. The restore did work and different than yesterday , it was removed from the ext harddrive. Yesterday I had to reboot to delete events from the external hard drive.

Timer troubles when archiving?

1)The external storage worked great yesterday morning. It required a system reboot last night to be able to use it. Hope that inactivity doesn't "disconnect" the Seagate FreeAgent 500 so that it has to be rebooted every time it goes inactive?!?

2) Had timers that did not fire last night while archiving. Missed three or four programs. What was odd was that the timers show that they fired, and the tuners were tied up during the time they should have been running, yet the programs themselves are missing. They never did show in the recorded program listing on the 622, even during their recording time. They showed up on the history listing of past, current and future events. (Hmm, wonder if there's any way they got recorded to the Archive instead of on the 622 drive? Doubtful, but I'll check that).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts