FCC Docket 05-72: Public Comments against sale/transfer of VOOM Licenses

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mine's posted...

'2005328860501 ' Confirmation number. DONE. If only we could manage numbers in the thousands. VOOM should have asked on its website for customers to post (if that was even legal). Or, on the text that comes up when you hit the VOOM button on the remote.

FYI: I have notified Mr. Dolan about the comments filed with the FCC by the members of our forum. Here is the reply I've got:

Many thanks to you and your many Voom friends for your encouraging e-mail today. Voom LLC is also filing with the FCC. I hope we will have a bigger and better Voom for many years to come.

Charles Dolan

Ilya said:
FYI: I have notified Mr. Dolan about the comments filed with the FCC by the members of our forum. Here is the reply I've got:

Many thanks to you and your many Voom friends for your encouraging e-mail today. Voom LLC is also filing with the FCC. I hope we will have a bigger and better Voom for many years to come.

Charles Dolan

Wow! That says about Voom LLC.

Ilya said:
Well, it's already 266 comments. 264 if we exclude the first two with the application itself.
According to my count, only 6-7 (or so) of them are in support of the license transfer to E*...

Unfortunately over 90% of the comments do not provide any relevant rationale related to the issues associated with the application. As was noted in a previous post in this thread, this is not a popularity contest. If it was, don't you think Echostar would have a large number of their employees posting comments?

davekendra said:
'2005328860501 ' Confirmation number. DONE. If only we could manage numbers in the thousands. VOOM should have asked on its website for customers to post (if that was even legal). Or, on the text that comes up when you hit the VOOM button on the remote.

Since Voom is still part of Cablevision, it would be a breach of their contract with Echostar to ask for customers to post.

davekendra said:
If only we could manage numbers in the thousands. VOOM should have asked on its website for customers to post (if that was even legal). Or, on the text that comes up when you hit the VOOM button on the remote.
Rainbow DBS LLC (owned by Cablevision) and EchoStar are parties to this sale and are legally bound to assist in the transfer of assets. Likewise, although C. Dolan may own VOOM HD LLC (a private company), he is still Cablevision's Chairman and is legally bound not to interfere. Only disinterested parties or interested parties without a direct relationship to Cablevision, Rainbow DBS LLC, EchoStar, etc., may oppose this request. Else, companies get sued and people go to jail.

rocatman said:
Unfortunately over 90% of the comments do not provide any relevant rationale related to the issues associated with the application.
Well, even if only 10% do - it is still an impressive number!
Sure, FCC won't total the votes! Still, the overwelming response from the public may have some effect. Also, the more arguments we list (and I've seen quiet a few!) the easier it will be for someone to make a case...

Ilya said:
Well, it's already 266 comments. 264 if we exclude the first two with the application itself.
According to my count, only 6-7 (or so) of them are in support of the license transfer to E*...

That is good. Someone made a comment in another thread (I believe) that E* subs will drown out the VOOM SUBS in the filing. More passion with the V* subs.

For those who have not filed their comments yet:

Just 4 hours left till the deadline! Act now!

Less than 3 hours left...

Sent my comments... 2005328824943

The wife will too in a few minutes.

rocatman said:
Since Voom is still part of Cablevision, it would be a breach of their contract with Echostar to ask for customers to post.
My thoughts exactly. In fact, I wonder what Voom HD LLC can post since the owners are linked so strongly with Cablevision. I suppose we will find out if they actually do file comments (no comments from them yet).

The counter is sitting at 283 until the FCC processes the remaining comments on Tuesday. About 65 minutes to go before the deadline.

JL

Just read the entire 58 page filing... WOW ! I don't see how the FCC could approve the sale based on its own track record. Does anyone have an idea as to when the FCC will have an answer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts