Fear the Walking Dead (Walking Dead spin-off)

I agree. The effects of the society crumbling. As far as the cause, knowing that would force a search for a cure, then we have the "one armed man" scenario, from "The Fugitive" of the 1960s. This would negatively effect both shows and the franchise.

San Diego learned today that the prequel of a sort to The Walking Dead finally has a premiere date. Fear The Walking Dead will debut with a 90-minute episode on August 23 at 9 PM, it was revealed just now during AMC’s Hall H presentation at Comic-Con. Executive produced by the TWD team of Gale Anne Hurd, Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert and Greg Nicotero, the Los Angeles-set spinoff focuses on the early days of what would become the zombie apocalypse.

deadline.com

Reactions: beandaddy
'Fear the Walking Dead': Artful Suspense, Not Bloody Horror https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead-review-amc-kim-dickens-125933601030.html
Fear the Walking Dead is very much not The Walking Dead. The new show, which premieres on Aug. 23 on AMC, is its own creature, trembling with anxiety and dread. If The Walking Dead is a horror story, Fear the Walking Dead is a mood piece, more artful than the original series.Taking place within the same universe as The Walking Dead but set in an earlier time, Fear, created by Robert Kirkman and Dave Erickson, wants to show us what this world was like before good ol’ Sheriff Rick Grimes and his Southern posse started shootin’, stabbin’, and decapitatin’ zombies.

gahh! 6 episodes?
maybe they are going to split it like they do TWD. show these when TWD isn't on... then they need one set elsewhere during winter. year round walkers.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
'Fear the Walking Dead': Showrunner Dave Erickson on What to Expect in Season 1 (and 2) https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead-preview-showrunner-dave-127158837295.html
After more than a year of murmurings about a spinoff/prequel/companion series to the network’s monster hit The Walking Dead, AMC will launch Fear the Walking Dead Sunday with a 90-minute premiere episode that will finally give fans of the Robert Kirkman-created universe a glimpse at the series stocked with new characters and a pre-Rick Grimes view on the zombie apocalypse. (Read Ken Tucker’s FTWD review here.)Kirkman created the new series with Sons of Anarchy writer and producer Dave Erickson, who serves as Fear’s showrunner. Erickson talks to Yahoo TV about the focus and goals of Fear’s first season, and the anti-Brady Bunch-ian blended family at the heart of Fear’s unfolding apocalypse, and even hints at where the family — including sure-to-be-breakout star Frank Dillane as drug-addicted teen Nick — will be in the already-greenlit Season 2.

'Fear the Walking Dead' Pilot Director: The Art of Embracing the Shadows and Building Tension https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fear-the-walking-dead-adam-davidson-director-la-127192202755.html
One of the great — and terrifying — things about directing a television pilot is that you’re effectively writing the handbook for the look and tone of the rest of the series. So when filmmaker Adam Davidson landed the plum job of directing the pilot for Fear the Walking Dead, the prequel to the AMC zombie hit, he was able to immediately establish the visual and narrative cues that would set this series apart from its parent show. In a wide-ranging conversation with Yahoo TV, Davidson provides an insightful account of how he devised the visual style of Fear the Walking Dead, what happened when the series moved its production base from L.A. to Vancouver, and the numerous times he had to explain to customs officers why he was bringing women’s clothing into Canada.I was born and raised in L.A., and it’s never been the place that I’ve seen portrayed onscreen all the time, with perfect weather and the people looking perfect. For me, growing up, I always saw the cracks in the concrete, the smoggy air, the houses and buildings blown away by windstorms. So in Fear the Walking Dead, we want to tell the story of the people who don’t makeL.A. look so glamorous. This is the backstage of L.A., the people who live on the other side of the river of concrete. For them, it’s hard enough to keep your kids in school, have a relationship, and get through the day. It’s like, “The car’s broken, the kitchen needs work and what the f–k, now we have killer zombies!”

Boy did it take forever to get going! SLOOOWWWWWW.....
I know they need to introduce the characters, but this was so, so BORING!!!!! You'd think that after taking an entire hour to introduce these people to us there might be some depth to the characters, but no. The characters are all two-dimensional cartoons, no depth to any of them. I'm sure that will change in the future, but it was a colossal waste of time.
At least, according to the previews, next week things really get going.

It was slow but I am going to give it a few more episodes to see how it goes! Didn't they say they were only going to show 6 episodes? :)

Very similar style to the original show, very slow. I know it's going to have some pretty intense shows too though. The think that upsets me though is sitting through a show that waits until the last few minutes for excitement and then I have to wait a week for the next episode.

I had a scare last night where I recorded the show & it didn't show up on my playlist. I rescheduled a recording on one of my other DVR's,then later i rebooted the original DVR & the recording showed up then(It wasn't even showing up on the DVR that recorded it,complete details on this should & will be discussed on the proper thread).
So anyway,"HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!! ANYBODY IN HEREEEEEEEEEE????!!!!!," translation: "HEY ZOMBIE,I'M MAKING LOUD NOISES TO ATTRACT YOUR ATTENTION,COME & EAT ME!!!!!!!!!"

Very similar style to the original show, very slow. I know it's going to have some pretty intense shows too though. The think that upsets me though is sitting through a show that waits until the last few minutes for excitement and then I have to wait a week for the next episode.

Yeah I know what you mean. But, they do not want to mess with the "winning" formula. One can only hope that the 2 shows diverge over time and it is not just a clone of the original with a different group of people...

Next thing you know an LA sheriff will wake up in a hospital full of zombies and find out his wife has moved on with his best friend...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)