Fear the Walking Dead (Walking Dead spin-off)

I like watching the genesis of the zombie apocalypse that was already in full tilt in TWD, but I feel like I'm watching a news broadcast in that I don't feel any real connection to the victims or main characters. Given this is an AMC show, I'm surprised how shoddy the acting and writing and directing is.

I really like Kim Dickens in House of Cards, but here she just has no personality. And then there's weird inconsistencies. For example, in every previous interaction between Travis and his son Chris, his son was defiant, resistant, and insolent ... basically "FU, dad!" And then during the heat of the riot outside the barbershop, Travis asks him to get away from the window and the son does so with hardly any hesitation, like "Gee, no problem dad. I'd much rather read this 18-month-old issue of Popular Mechanics than watch the world go to hell in a handbasket only several feet away from where I sit."

For example, in every previous interaction between Travis and his son Chris, his son was defiant, resistant, and insolent ... basically "FU, dad!" And then during the heat of the riot outside the barbershop, Travis asks him to get away from the window and the son does so with hardly any hesitation, like "Gee, no problem dad. I'd much rather read this 18-month-old issue of Popular Mechanics than watch the world go to hell in a handbasket only several feet away from where I sit."
I suspect that since his Mom is there and she is "trusting" him (the Dad), is why he's going along with it.

I enjoyed the second episode more. The reason why I really like how this season is starting is because I always like to put myself into a situation similar to this in my head. Not so much the zombie part but just the mass chaos. I enjoy thinking about what I would do and where I would go, trying to develop a plan in my head. You know the motto, always be prepared.

First thing I would do is go to the local outdoors store and load up on supplies. Need guns, ammo, clothing, water and food. Then I find my family if I'm not with them already. I know some would find their family first but what good does that do if I can't protect them anyway?

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Same here and seemed t be a little more excitement to whereas the 1st episode was very slow and I fell asleep on it!! :)

This has been a slower show but it has gotten a little better as it has gone on but am going till wait till end to see how the rest of season goes then decide whether to keep or delete!! :) imo

I think they are setting it up where you think, "well this is just another clan like Rick's" but then explode the expectations.

--sent from broadbandless rural America

I think it is kind of funny that druggie son gets it and realizes that they are dead zombies and need killing and the "good boy" son just wants to rebel against his dad and put himself into stupid/dangerous situations...

I wonder if they will finally get it next episode that the people are not sick but dead...

I really liked the hospital scene... Just points out that the hospitals would be the first places that would go since people naturally die there all the time.... It makes Rick waking up unharmed in the hospital with the doors conveniently locked seem a bit far fetched...

I still say that they need to tell us what caused EVERYONE to have the Zombie virus dormant inside of their bodies until death. I mean why did one day it start affecting everybody in the world at the same time to cause this virus? This show could of been the one to do this ,since they are just starting the apocalypse. Explain this one fact and I would really enjoy these zombie shows just a little bit more than I already do.

I think it is kind of funny that druggie son gets it and realizes that they are dead zombies and need killing and the "good boy" son just wants to rebel against his dad and put himself into stupid/dangerous situations...

I wonder if they will finally get it next episode that the people are not sick but dead...

I really liked the hospital scene... Just points out that the hospitals would be the first places that would go since people naturally die there all the time.... It makes Rick waking up unharmed in the hospital with the doors conveniently locked seem a bit far fetched...
The family is in denial about the zombies being dead.

The family is in denial about the zombies being dead.
Except the druggie boy. He knows that they are dead and says so frequently. The Hispanic boyfriend is completely in denial about what is happening. But then again we know what is coming and this is a prequel to the regular Walking Dead. It will eventually catch up in time ,but we are at the beginning right now. There would be people that believed everything would go back to normal eventually. Notice that he took the garbage to the curb and so did his neighbor.

Except the druggie boy. He knows that they are dead and says so frequently. The Hispanic boyfriend is completely in denial about what is happening. But then again we know what is coming and this is a prequel to the regular Walking Dead. It will eventually catch up in time ,but we are at the beginning right now. There would be people that believed everything would go back to normal eventually. Notice that he took the garbage to the curb and so did his neighbor.
I believe that the boyfriend is Polynesian,because the actor is Maori from New Zealand,& the character's name sounds Polynesian.

I still say that they need to tell us what caused EVERYONE to have the Zombie virus dormant inside of their bodies until death. I mean why did one day it start affecting everybody in the world at the same time to cause this virus? This show could of been the one to do this ,since they are just starting the apocalypse. Explain this one fact and I would really enjoy these zombie shows just a little bit more than I already do.
The writers have been quoted as saying they don't know, nor care, and have no plans to ever explain it, as it has nothing to do with the story. The story is about what's happening and how they're dealing with it, and not how it happened.

In other words they have no clue in how to write an explanation (same as George A. Romero with the Living Dead) that would make any sense, so they're not going to bother.

Reactions: king3pj and Hall
With the mass arrival of troops, one gets the impression that it perhaps started in the Los Angeles area. If it happened everywhere at once the troops would be scattered everywhere. It looks like the start of a Federal response sending in troops to contain the outbreak.

I believe that the boyfriend is Polynesian,because the actor is Maori from New Zealand,& the character's name sounds Polynesian.
Sorry I had no idea that he was Polyesian or where the actor was actually from. Where I live and worked in a Texas state prison , all of our brown looking inmates that weren't considered black, were considered all Hispanic race. Since his ex wife looked Hispanic, I assumed he was too and he is in southern part of L.A. so I assumed that they were all hispanic. Either way, you knew who I was talking about when I referenced him as Hispanic.

The writers have been quoted as saying they don't know, nor care, and have no plans to ever explain it, as it has nothing to do with the story. The story is about what's happening and how they're dealing with it, and not how it happened.

In other words they have no clue in how to write an explanation (same as George A. Romero with the Living Dead) that would make any sense, so they're not going to bother.

Well that is too bad. The show would take on a much realer turn if they gave a plausible explanation why suddenly everyone that dies, no matter how they die , come back as zombies. Z Nation also doesn't deal with why ,but they are actually working on a vaccine to ward off the zombism. At least they are trying to eventually solve the problem of the zombie virus.

With the mass arrival of troops, one gets the impression that it perhaps started in the Los Angeles area. If it happened everywhere at once the troops would be scattered everywhere. It looks like the start of a Federal response sending in troops to contain the outbreak.
I don't know if that is actually true. They also said that 11 other states were calling out the national guard for disturbances just like L.A. was having at the same time as L.A. was on fire with riots. That was on the background on the radio that they were listening to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)