Finally CW in HD for me!!

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
While fiddling around a bit today for some reason I took a look at the CW. The CW here has been a low=powered, bit-starved SD channel for so long that I was surprised to see that it is now in HD on Dish!
Checked my Tivo w/Mediacom, nope not there yet.
So I'm happy to now have the CW in HD. I may just cancel my Hulu subscription because getting the CW shows was the primary reason I have it.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

While fiddling around a bit today for some reason I took a look at the CW. The CW here has been a low=powered, bit-starved SD channel for so long that I was surprised to see that it is now in HD on Dish!
Checked my Tivo w/Mediacom, nope not there yet.
So I'm happy to now have the CW in HD. I may just cancel my Hulu subscription because getting the CW shows was the primary reason I have it.

WOW, that is great for you. I have been watching it in HD thru OTA.

Congratulations. I'm glad whenever people are satisfied with there service. To be honest, I used to sub to KTLA so my wife could DVR her shows on delay, not hogging my receiving during Hockey games. The combo of getting the CW in HD in my area and getting the Hopper lead me to cancelling.

Reactions: pattykay
Yeah I'm in the Paducah market, and it was a great birthday present! :)
I hadn't actually looked in Dish't guide for the channel because there wasn't a peep from anyone talking about it anywhere. I was so used to just checking Hulu for new episodes.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I still get shocked... I forget there are markets with CW in Sd, and some that do not have a CW at all. It's been HD in my market for as long as I have been with Dish.

I still get shocked... I forget there are markets with CW in Sd, and some that do not have a CW at all. It's been HD in my market for as long as I have been with Dish.
my old market (Duluth, MN) the CW is in SD (subchannel on CBS). The smaller the market the less likely it is to have My or CW

I guess we are something along the 6th or 7th largest metropolitan area in the US, so that may have helped.

WE got HD CW last year near the end of the year. It is nice to have it ,even if it is only a sub channel of our ota local CBS station in Beaumont,Tx dma. Serves as a back up if the satellite CW station from Houston is out for any reason.

The CW in El Paso is the blurriest sub-channel in the market even OTA and it looks worse on DISH. I just don't watch it. My Network is also a sub-channel which is not on DISH all.

Very well could be. But I'm only interested in the CW's primetime lineup.

Is that station HD OTA in the Paducah/Cape Girardeau/Harrisburg market? Or is it fiber fed in HD to cable and the DBS POPs?
Interestingly enough, I remember an old workmate of mine that has since retired remarking about watching wrestling from Paducah in the late 50's and early 60's. I don't remember the station, but he lived close to Huntsville, and said on Saturday nights they would turn the antenna that way, and at the time could pick up, with "snowy" reception a station out of Paducah that had the Saturday night fights.

I don't know. It was the one station I never could get OTA as it was a low power station a little too far away. Couldn't get it even with a roof mounted antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)