Finally got the T90 dish back up...now with 2 degree spacing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T90 rulez, beats all dishes, when you had a T90 there is nothing that makes you go back.

I will install the rest of my LNBs tomorrow when the UPS delivery guy comes by with my Invertos.

14 LNBs total covering 45 East to 1 West, approx 17 satellites coming in with high signal levels.

However the plastic LNB holders are a pain to work with, there is some hope i can get new ones in metal from someone making them in Australia.

Likvid
The only drawback of a T90 here in the US is the 2 degree spacing of satellites. And with the LNB's being pretty big and the brackets rather large, 2 degree spacing isnt really done here. Its 3 degrees usually so we're up to 4 degrees apart (sadly)

72/74 works well because its on the end of the arc but 85/87 is tough. Most of my stuff on 87 is lower than normal.

Likvid
The only drawback of a T90 here in the US is the 2 degree spacing of satellites. And with the LNB's being pretty big and the brackets rather large, 2 degree spacing isnt really done here. Its 3 degrees usually so we're up to 4 degrees apart (sadly)

72/74 works well because its on the end of the arc but 85/87 is tough. Most of my stuff on 87 is lower than normal.

I have 2 degree spacing working very well on the T90. Had to try alot of different LNB's. But these work great; Eagle Aspen P870 FSS Stacked LNB.

Attachments

• S6300366.JPG
    S6300366.JPG
    1,005.2 KB · Views: 282
Last edited:
Jerryt, I assume that both the stacked LNBs and the squeezed feedhorns are from Superdishes. Sounds like a great idea, no need for dual output LNBs since they are stacked, and they seem to allow for 2 degree spacing. Other than E-Bay, is there a good source for these FSS stacked LNBs and the squeezed feedhorns?

Jerryt, I assume that both the stacked LNBs and the squeezed feedhorns are from Superdishes. Sounds like a great idea, no need for dual output LNBs since they are stacked, and they seem to allow for 2 degree spacing. Other than E-Bay, is there a good source for these FSS stacked LNBs and the squeezed feedhorns?

Only Ebay. $9.00 currently.

In Europe we usually use the Alps rocketfeed for 2 degree spacing as you can see from pic.

10.jpg

They cost around $2 each.

Likvid
Are those LNB's singles or duals?

2 bucks a piece...dang that be a good price :D

Also, what is the noise figure?
Do Euro satellites generally put down a stronger signal to the users?
Here, we put up with various power levels.

And are they by any chance band-stacked?
If not, then single vs dual output become important

Wonder what the diameter is?
And how they compare to the only mini LNB I've seen in NA. (click for specs)

A quick search with Google, didn't turn up anything with "Alps rocketfeed".

Question -- forgive me if this has been asked/ answered before

by reversing the "L" and "R" in a channel list, couldn't a regular, circular LNB be used on the Toroidals?

Also, what is the noise figure?
Do Euro satellites generally put down a stronger signal to the users?
Here, we put up with various power levels.

And are they by any chance band-stacked?
If not, then single vs dual output become important

Wonder what the diameter is?
And how they compare to the only mini LNB I've seen in NA. (click for specs)

A quick search with Google, didn't turn up anything with "Alps rocketfeed".

You can buy from this shop that ships worldwide.

ALPS UNI-SINGLE LNB 40mm FEED im HM Sat Shop

These are single outputs only.

No European satellites have various signal levels like you but we have a wider choice of satellites and beams.

Thanks for the info.
11 euro is about $15 US Dollars, not a bad price for:
ALPS BSTE8,
Universal Single LNB 40 mm Feed,
0.4 dB,
digitaltauglich 10,7-11,8 GHz (Lo=9,75) und 11,70- 12,75 GHZ (Lo=10,6),
Umschaltung mit 22kHz, inkl.
I don't speak German, but we all speak technical, and that was pretty clear.
40 mm diameter which is just under two inches,
0.4db noise figure, which is decent,
Universal, with 9.75ghz and 10.6ghz LO frequencies
22khz tone to select the band, as normal for Universal LNBs.

Thanks for the info.
11 euro is about $15 US Dollars, not a bad price for:

I don't speak German, but we all speak technical, and that was pretty clear.
40 mm diameter which is just under two inches,
0.4db noise figure, which is decent,
Universal, with 9.75ghz and 10.6ghz LO frequencies
22khz tone to select the band, as normal for Universal LNBs.

Universals = can't use 2 4x1 diseqc and a Ecoda 22k switch for 8 LNB's :p

I'll stick with what I currently have. :)

I might tweak some stuff on it in the next day or so....might see if I can add 91 to the bunch

But I know that 74,79,85,93,97,101,107,110 are givens for me between feeds, Dish sub & StarChoice sub.....its the rest added that makes it gravy :)

With a motorized setup I can always fill in the blanks...like when there is something on 89 & 95 ;)

Question -- forgive me if this has been asked/ answered before

by reversing the "L" and "R" in a channel list, couldn't a regular, circular LNB be used on the Toroidals?

Yes, Reversing L & R works fine. But the transponder list must be able to be edited.

I have 2 degree spacing working very well on the T90. Had to try alot of different LNB's. But these work great; Eagle Aspen P870 FSS Stacked LNB.

Jerry
Do those LNB's fit into the LNB holder that comes for the T90?

Those alps bullet-style lnbf's also come in a dual (and quad!) variety, but they are substantially more expensive (like 3 times the price for a dual, etc). I'd ran into those and several versions of the dual/quad monoblocks when reading some ads from Europe awhile back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts