First day with 2H/1J Set-up! (and some noob questions)

midwesttv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2012
USA
After a lot of swirl, we just got our 2H/1J installed yesterday...Am leaving behind two SOLID 6 & 7 series DVR's, fingers crossed we have a good experience with this offering...So far we are very pleased sans a skip in a Lettermen recording (see below). The install took about 6 hours..There was a lot of problems hooking up second tv hopper. The tech figured out we needed a new LNB and that fixed it.

Some top of mind comments/thoughts/couple questions:

1). Guides and command response seems crisp & fast
2). Like the hg guide
3). Neutral/negative on new remote
4). The ability to see across dvr's is cool, eager for even more integration
5). Wish there was Netflix! (we do have it on our BluRay though)
6). I swear the Hopper pix is better than VIP...Maybe it's new buyer syndrome..Is this imagined or are we now seeing 1080p on some channels and did not on the VIP series?
7). After reading this board for a few mos, I really wanted to go HIC, but the Hic location would have been way over and above the Dual Node and the basement is finished. Plus (if I recall right) I did not have the right type of cable - only phone line to modem...Anyways, we're wi-fied and I hope this will prove ok in the long-run
8). So PTAT "skip commercials" is literally hitting the skip forward button right? That seems to forward you through the commercials one at a time.
9). Still confused about setting timers....We'll see how I did by about Tuesday.
- So if I want to record all new Cajun Pawn Stars I'm confused...When I search for it, I found like 10 of em..Should I choose the latest episode and then select record series all new? Or what if I select record a single event? Would I still get prompted for all new?

I'm probably making it more complicated than it is and eventually I'll figure it all out :rolleyes: Any other tricks or cool features you wanna share? I'd love to hear em. I supposed I gotta go search for the manual and download that puppy....

THX!

PTAT auto hop let's you put the remote down and not need to skip forward through commercials at all, it does it for you. Auto hop only works on the big four networks prime time programming, except news and sports. It is only available the next day on....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)