FIRST LOOK: Dish 500+ Dish 1000+ and the Dish 1000.2!

Ok, I reaaallly want a 1000.2, mostly because it should reduce rain fade on 110/119 compared to my 500 without having to resort to separate dishes for each location. I may or may not keep my 300 for 61.5/HD, but hopefully that can go away... Anyone have an idea about how to get my hands on one? Am willing to pay and install myself... Be a beta tester, or whatever...

I don't believe it'll last another 40 months if you have to fire the thrusters every 15 minutes or so. It is so pathetic to still even use it for the highest quality programming they have to offer and have others that work better running idle. This is SO retarded, it's not even funny!

ralfyguy said:
I don't believe it'll last another 40 months if you have to fire the thrusters every 15 minutes or so. It is so pathetic to still even use it for the highest quality programming they have to offer and have others that work better running idle. This is SO retarded, it's not even funny!

Yea, and they are forcing D1000's on everybody...:(

Well they do have E6 parked, maybe they will move it over once they are confident on E7/E8/E10 for a while. In about 18-24 months they should have the real satellite at 129.

I had a June 22 Superdish121 install appointment scheduled to get the German channels. i made this appt just a few days ago. after reading about german being one of the int'l channels going to the 118.7 orbital location I called Dishnetwork. I myself am a new customer (i enjoy ch. 726 where i've been staying). The CS rep set my install date a couple weeks off and said i should be included in the new promotion for i guess the new Dish 500+.

rdinkel said:
Their plan must be to replace 129 with the next launch.
It would be nice if they'd just say something to that effect so we'd at least know that there's some kind of plan in the works to replace it. I can't record anything off that sat without it rebooting my 622 and I have to change the channel to something on 110/119 every 20 minutes when watching anything on 129 (when the LOS happens) or the next LOS locks-up my 622.

This is utterly pathetic.

At least you can change channels and get it back -as was the case with the 6000s.

For my 211, its a reboot to get it back - and you can never watch a movie on UHD in its entirity.

I am intending write a very detailed letter to Dish. I paid $15 for the HD Package and Voom Channels.

I then doubled my rate for 1 station - UHD. Nothing more and it doubled. I had to buy a 211 as they were putting it out in faux mpeg4.

Now I am paying double and cannot even view the one channel I am paying double for.

This is nuts.

Well, that's certainly handy. :)

We'll have to see how well it works with 129 though, Mike and I are in the same market and I've had pretty good luck so far with a single dish for 129.

keenan said:
Mike, when is your install? What did they say they were going to install?
To make a long story short. I originally wanted a 2 dish install but mounted on my chimney and not on the roof. They wanted to install a 1000, I said no but what about one of the new dishes that are coming out like the dish 1000 plus. He was shocked that I knew about them because they just got the info on them but didn't have them in stock yet, he's going to contact me when they come in. So for the time being I'm still in Comcast Hell... :devil: but I'd rather wait until the new dishes come out and do a single dish install. I'll let you know when it happens.

Laters,
Mikef5

Scott Greczkowski said:
The reason the Dish 1000.2 is that much is because it had the Dish Pro Plus 44 Switch built in to it. :)
The link is to the dish 1000 plus not the 1000.2 and it says you have to purchase a Dish Pro Plus 44 switch for it. That's why I'm shocked that it's so expensive.

Laters,
Mikef5

That is SHOCKING! And then another $200 for the switch??:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Then how much is the 1000.2 gonna be? $600? Because the switch is built in??

Last edited:
Mikef5 said:
To make a long story short. I originally wanted a 2 dish install but mounted on my chimney and not on the roof. They wanted to install a 1000, I said no but what about one of the new dishes that are coming out like the dish 1000 plus. He was shocked that I knew about them because they just got the info on them but didn't have them in stock yet, he's going to contact me when they come in. So for the time being I'm still in Comcast Hell... :devil: but I'd rather wait until the new dishes come out and do a single dish install. I'll let you know when it happens.

Laters,
Mikef5
A single dish is nicer looking for sure, and I hope it works, me, I don't care how many I have, nobody sees them anyways, and the fact is I have to pick my "windows" through the redwoods. :D

That's a heck of an expensive dish though, is it free with your signup for service?

Last edited:
So, is the 1000+ the only way to get 110, 119, 129 (don't really think I need 118.7) with the larger dish as a single dish option? Does anyone know for sure if the 1000.2 is a bigger dish too? Now that I look closer at the original photo's at start of this thread it looks like the 500+ and 1000+ are bigger dishes and the 1000.2 is smaller (like the 1000).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts