First Look: Dish Network's DTVPal Digital Converter

or buy a couple of male female plugs and attach inline. then all you have to do is unplug the ac adapter and plug in the car one. if you're interested i can try to post a drawing
This might be overkill, but since I work in parts this is what comes to mind:

pco-0710pt_w.jpg

Available at any auto parts or trailer towing store

Well, after rechecking those DTVPal and TR-40CRA by my own eyes, I'm questioning myself: how a person ( not a politician ) can lie to millions ppl looking into TV camera ?

I mean that phrase from CC report:
"Dennis:
When the DTVPal converter will be available?
A: about June 19th $59, waiting on a $39 box to be approved. "
"By government".

By FCC, I would add, but BOTH devices are the same - both have same FCC ID: 035. So, there wasn't any appoval for TR-40CRA !
That was was a lie ! How cheap it could be ? For $20 profit from each device...
So low, how you could trust the person ? What level of credibility he have now ?

Has anyone compared the Plus to the original DTVPAL yet? I've got the original for use in my RV. At one place that we camp a lot, the closest digital CBS channel comes in at a strength of around 50. It's borderline enough that I get plenty of blocking/freezing etc. The Fox station gets found with a channel search, but never tunes in or shows any signal strength.

I can probably come up with another coupon if the tuner in the Plus would help in my situation.

Thanks.

Better use directional antenna and rotate it.

Yeah, I thought about getting another antenna of some sort. The RV has a Winegard dish & unidirectional antenna combo installed on the roof. Very convenient, but not the best performer I'm sure. Packing an additional antenna would be a pain. It would have to be something decent as tvfool shows a projected signal of the channels (over 50 miles away) in question is in the -80dB range.

I also could "move" or get locals through AAD I guess, but DISH doesn't carry ANY locals in my DMA. At home, I get them via Comcast basic - $7 a month. I don't really want to add another monthly charge for locals for 4-5 camping trips a summer.

Or an amp.

The RV has a Winegard amp installed. I get nothing at all without it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Has anyone programmed a harmony 880 to control the DTVPAL? Found DTVPAL remote on harmony setup and programmed the 880. Not able to get the 880 to control the DTVPAL but original DTVPAL remote works fine. Reprogrammed the 880 with DTVPAL remote successfully but still doesn't control DTVPAL. Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure (99.99%), all the models have SAME IR codes.
This is why it makes sense to mention a specific model number to search for rather than the term "legacy" which likely won't show up in a database.

As a matter of fact, if you enter the word legacy in the Logitech compatible devices search engine, you will get a warning that the "legacy" model is not in the database. If you enter in 311, you get seven hits.

Well, my point wasn't directed to Logitech DB, but rather to lists where "Dishnetwork receiver" exist.
Since the question was regarding the Harmony 880, it would seem that the Logitech database is precisely what needs to be searched. This as opposed to Google or the EKB to figure out to translate "legacy" to something you can search for.

Has anyone compared the Plus to the original DTVPAL yet? I've got the original for use in my RV. At one place that we camp a lot, the closest digital CBS channel comes in at a strength of around 50. It's borderline enough that I get plenty of blocking/freezing etc. The Fox station gets found with a channel search, but never tunes in or shows any signal strength.

I can probably come up with another coupon if the tuner in the Plus would help in my situation.

Thanks.

I can't compare it to the DTVPal cause I didn't buy that one but let me say I wasn't overly impressed with the tuner in the + version. I had one, asked for an exchanged cause numerous stations kept pixelating with a signal of 90-95% using the DB2/ preamp.

The RCA converter with the same equipment, minus a Titan 2 preamp vs. the Winegard has signal range of 60-70% and no problems whatsoever.

I bought the + cause of the program guide and such. I'm not able to obtain a few select stations that I expected to get with the + version. Very dissapointing to say the least. Awaiting to see how the replacement converter does or if this an issue with the Dish converter.

My 2 cents.

Yragha,
can you post pictures from TV screen with the model info - version, etc ?
And could you open a case ( using screwdriver, press in two wholes on back) and make a couple pictures of top/bottom of the model's CB ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts