First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

I'm still having problems on my 510 with the interactive weather.It doesn't happen all the time but when I go to load it it shuts my receiver off and it has to reaquire the signal.The second time every thing is fine.I'm going to email them about this.

Gobblety-Gook is right. I haven't been able to use the Caller ID on my 625 since they added this feature. It just makes the picture go crazy everytime I get a call. Caller ID was fun while it lasted. I had to disable it. I'm sure the crack team of E* engineers will fix this with a software update. Not! :mad:

my caller id stop working stopped working after my first software download
back in aug. i push the reset button on front and it will pick up 1-2 calls
then stop working, i called dish,there is no plans or software to fix,
they wanted to send me a refurb.reciever, i told them no thanks,just fix
the problem, if everyone would call or email dish about this caller id
problem maybe they will fix it,at the time i called they didn't even know there was a problem.

Cobra2225:
I haven't been able to order PPV with my remote since the L383 download. Instead of offering any real support, they just want to send me a refurb box. I know it's not my modem or line, because the 625 makes its monthly calls. I'm also able to pay my bill and add channels on chan. 100.

Locals on the 8's will have local radar like the local cable company has, of your local area with motion (a lot better than the crappy radar on channel 100 right now). It will also have your watches and warnings.

Is anyone else with a 510 having problems with their receiver timing out when loading the application and having to aquire the signal?This only happens when I cut it on for the first time after it's been off a long time.I sent dish an email.This is a software bug.My 301 doesn't have this problem.My 510 is practally new so it can't be my receiver I wouldn't think.It works great other wise.

Dp 301

My DP 301 goes through the first time loading processes each time I go to the application. I leave it there until it loads and then times out. Go back to it and it starts all over again. It will not retain the location information.

It works fine on my 508.....not that there is really much there to look at anyways.

Get your local weather information with the touch of a button from the most trusted name in weather forecasting, The Weather Channel! For the first time ever, satellite viewers can get “Local on the 8s” weather information!
Just press select on your remote when you see the special trigger icon located on The Weather Channel (channel 214). You can also access you local weather whenever you want by going to DishHOME (channel 100) and selecting “TWC Weather” under the ‘News’ category. It’s accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!

If you read this from the Dish site (and look at the picture which is exactly what we are getting now) you will realize that what we have now is IT beyond a select button.....

It says we will get "local on the 8's" weather information not local on the 8's. The weather information is the forecast, temp and static radar map. It also tells us there will be a trigger to go to this although you can just go to channel 100 and get it also.

Where has anyone read that it would be anything more then this? I see 100 posts
here saying we are going to be getting this great weather application with functional radar et all but no proof.

Basically what we have here is "best intention" user created vaporware.......

Does anyone have a compelling argument with verifiable data to support otherwise?

If you read this from the Dish site (and look at the picture which is exactly what we are getting now) you will realize that what we have now is IT beyond a select button.....

It says we will get "local on the 8's" weather information not local on the 8's. The weather information is the forecast, temp and static radar map. It also tells us there will be a trigger to go to this although you can just go to channel 100 and get it also.

Where has anyone read that it would be anything more then this?

I think what you see is what you get when "local on the 8s" is activated. The only difference will be that the information will be put through a slide show rather than having to select each item individually, which gives the illusion that its like cable television's local on the 8s.

I think what you see is what you get when "local on the 8s" is activated. The only difference will be that the information will be put through a slide show rather than having to select each item individually, which gives the illusion that its like cable television's local on the 8s.
Can you back this up?

I think they are on the right track, but they need to expand it.....

Add animated radar, and the extended forecasts listing indepth forecasts like TWC does. Have it downloaded into the background into the receiver, so it is ready to go when the channel is called up. Ditto for Storm warnings...

My local radar is use less on the new Weather Channel 100 in Omaha becuase it has the word OMAHA right where you need to see the radar.

You cant tell if there is rain in the area becasue all you see OMAHA in big letters.

My local radar is use less on the new Weather Channel 100 in Omaha becuase it has the word OMAHA right where you need to see the radar.

You cant tell if there is rain in the area becasue all you see OMAHA in big letters.

Type in a Sioux City Zip code....lol
I knew the people of Omaha were road hogs, but......

I am still wondering if I am the only one with a DP301 that is having an issue with the interactive program doing the initial setup every time it is loaded.

I am still wondering if I am the only one with a DP301 that is having an issue with the interactive program doing the initial setup every time it is loaded.

No it is happening to me too only it's on my 510 and not my 301.I assume your saying that when it loads it is taking so long that it times out and aquires the satellite signal.This is happening to me.The second time I load it it works fine.

Plus it will give you a live animated radar.I can't wait till they get it up.

OK I think they are trying something new today.When I was on the weather channel they was talking about the severe weather in Newyork and on the lower left screen they had an antimated radar.This is the first time I've seen this.

No it is happening to me too only it's on my 510 and not my 301.I assume your saying that when it loads it is taking so long that it times out and aquires the satellite signal.This is happening to me.The second time I load it it works fine.

No. What I am saying is that it asks me to go through the initial setup every time. It says to wait until the city name is shown just like it did the very first time I went to that screen.......

My PVR508 works fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)