First Look: The New Weather Channel Interactive

chwest- they haven't started that part of the service yet, and there is no set date for it to begin.

My DP 301 goes through the first time loading processes each time I go to the application. I leave it there until it loads and then times out. Go back to it and it starts all over again. It will not retain the location information.

It works fine on my 508.....not that there is really much there to look at anyways.

If you read this from the Dish site (and look at the picture which is exactly what we are getting now) you will realize that what we have now is IT beyond a select button.....

It says we will get "local on the 8's" weather information not local on the 8's. The weather information is the forecast, temp and static radar map. It also tells us there will be a trigger to go to this although you can just go to channel 100 and get it also.

Where has anyone read that it would be anything more then this? I see 100 posts
here saying we are going to be getting this great weather application with functional radar et all but no proof.

Basically what we have here is "best intention" user created vaporware.......

Does anyone have a compelling argument with verifiable data to support otherwise?

i agree this was supercharged, i think it was the intend to pull D and cable cutomers,what we see is all we get. i think also it's a better program then
accurweather, but not what dish lead us to believe, i call it charley's tricks

OK I think they are trying something new today.When I was on the weather channel they was talking about the severe weather in Newyork and on the lower left screen they had an antimated radar.This is the first time I've seen this.

i see the same thing in ky. so that was not local

Is there anything New on Channel 214

Is there anything new on the channel 214 local weather info?

Things have gotten pretty quite lately.

I have a 301 rec. and I just had a download prompt show up. Now TWC is in the news button on Channel 100..It shows TWC with a banner containing my local info. The regular TWC does not have the banner.. Is this how it should work.. I would love to have a hot button right to this channel..Kid

No New News?

I just wanted to get this back on page 1 of the board.

If anyone has any idea when dish MIGHT think about putting the weather on 214, I would appreciate your telling us when it might happen.

Yes, let's just give it a rest. It clearly will not happen soon. Maybe they are holding absolutely everything until CES, for maximum effect then.

The reason they haven't put it on yet may be because the interactive weather channel has still got glitches on some receivers.I got an reply email from dish yesterday about my 510 rebooting and aquiring the satellite signal when I go to the interactive weather and they said they are aware of this problem in the 510 and are working on a software fix.There is other people with 510s saying their expeirincing the same problem.Other receivers are also having problems.My guess is that they want to get the software fixed for this before they start up on local on the 8's.

The reason they haven't put it on yet may be because the interactive weather channel has still got glitches on some receivers.I got an reply email from dish yesterday about my 510 rebooting and aquiring the satellite signal when I go to the interactive weather and they said they are aware of this problem in the 510 and are working on a software fix.There is other people with 510s saying their expeirincing the same problem.Other receivers are also having problems.My guess is that they want to get the software fixed for this before they start up on local on the 8's.

I am having the reboot issue on my 301 and have reported it to Dish as well.

Still.....it is just fun to sit and nag here until it is actually released! :D

My 510 seems to be fixed.It hasn't rebooted in a week.They must have sent out the software update for the 510.

You haven't been with Dish long enough to know all their SCAMS !!:D :D
Yet,:rolleyes: there are those that just keep hanging on to their Dreams !!
For many years, Dish kept future plans very quiet. Dish would not announce upcoming changes until those changes were ready to roll out..Now it seems they've gotten away from that. Much to the chagrin of those subs who are disappointed when the new stuff isn't introduced in a timely manner.
I'd lilke to have the WC stuff. But I am not going to lose sleep over it..It gets hto us when it does. That's That.