Status
Please reply by conversation.

. Raine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 6, 2013
North America, CT.
I know that the info about this is somewhere on here, but I can't find it after looking for about a half hour or so. Got my MicroHd today and boot looped it about an hour after getting it. From reading, it seemed to me that the boot loop issue happened if you deleted a sat without deleting channels first. I deleted a sat with no channels and the damn thing boot looped.

If someone could point me in the right direction, it'd be greatly appreciated. It's good that from the hour or so that I got to use the MicroHD that it looked really good and I did like it, otherwise the damn thing would have a hammer sticking out of it right now.

Thanks in advance

Hummm, check your firmware as I thought I read where they had fixed that problem with the last update released back last June? Or maybe not?

It is not fixed in firmware. But once you boot loop it a few times you will remember to delete the channels first. ...ask me how I know... ;)

Hummm, check your firmware as I thought I read where they had fixed that problem with the last update released back last June? Or maybe not?

Yep, it was fixed in a firmware upgrade. Then people continued to loop them, so go figure. I think he bought this used, and who knows what version firmware is even loaded in this case?

Yep, it was fixed in a firmware upgrade. Then people continued to loop them, so go figure. I think he bought this used, and who knows what version firmware is even loaded in this case?

Yeah, I did buy it used. It was working great, until I boot looped it! i didn't even think to check the firmware ver., I assumed it would be a newer one, but it may not have been.

Last edited:
You need to get the usb cable to connect to the internal serial header with your pc. You then need to push a virgin copy of the userdb.udf file to replace the corrupt one. That's it, that's the fix.

You can't do it unless you already have that special usb cable... http://www.ebay.com/itm/microHD-GEO...869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b9e43dd

Thanks for the link, Primestar. You don't happen to know the pin-out for the cable's serial header end, do you? Looks like it'd be quicker and easier to just make one.

Ok, cancel that, Primestar. I got the pin-out, looks like I'm good to go.

Thanks a bunch, everyone!

Last edited:
How do you know....and even better...how do you fix it? :D

From experience my friend! Once you got the cable and flash the new file over it will be good as new. I have latest firmware and still looped it with the channel bug.
After looping it 3 times since new its not even a problem for me. A little voice in the back of my head keeps me from deleting a sat without removing the channels first. The MicroHD is a great box don't let this one issue keep you from enjoying it.

The cable is handy to have for editing channel names and such also.

You need to get the usb cable to connect to the internal serial header with your pc. You then need to push a virgin copy of the userdb.udf file to replace the corrupt one. That's it, that's the fix.

You can't do it unless you already have that special usb cable... http://www.ebay.com/itm/microHD-GEO...869?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417b9e43dd

IMHO since these receivers are so easy to loop, this cable should come with it when you buy it. That or the firmware should be fixed to prevent this from happening.

I've got two Openbox S9s and two AZBoxes and NONE of them have ever done this? Since the Micro menus and stuff look very similar to the Openbox S9 menus one would "assume" that the problem can be fixed in the firmware.

IMHO since these receivers are so easy to loop, this cable should come with it when you buy it. That or the firmware should be fixed to prevent this from happening.

I've got two Openbox S9s and two AZBoxes and NONE of them have ever done this? Since the Micro menus and stuff look very similar to the Openbox S9 menus one would "assume" that the problem can be fixed in the firmware.

I suggested they provide the cable with receiver purchase myself "way back when" and was told that would not happen as it's not cost effective since there's so few people that have ever looped it.

Thought I was good to go, but no. Made a cable, the Micro's powered up, but I can't get a driver for it so windows will recognize it. Guess I'll have to buy the cable and software. Bummer, at $20, it brings my total cost up to about the price of if I'd bought a new Micro. Oh well, such is life. :)

Those TTL USB cables have a chipset to handle the conversion. The driver for the chipsets should be easily found if you know which one you have.

Those TTL USB cables have a chipset to handle the conversion. The driver for the chipsets should be easily found if you know which one you have.

2302. Thought the Prolific driver would work, but it didn't, tried a few others. Very possible that I screwed up something making it, the MicroHD powered on and the led stayed green but that's it. I have a real cable, 5V, 2302 chipset coming that should work. Hopefully I'll be up and running it in a few days and I'll definitely be more careful about deleting sats! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)