For existing customers beginning May 18th.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
Not a big deal here, but just an FYI. Beginning on May 18th, if you plan on upgrading your receiver to a 622/722/722k, you can be able to add a sling adapter or a logitech revue to the work order and have the installer/technician install it for you as well as installing your new receiver. For more info, see the pdf:

Last edited by a moderator:
So, if I've already got a 722k, will Dish send me a sling adapter?

Oh, well, I'll be in Nassau on the 18th any way so who cares.

I see that the link got removed because it was apparently not official. Mods, I get all my info from Dish tech portal in the training section so yeah, I would argue that it's pretty official.

Guys, if you already upgraded your receiver, don't worry about it. The techs will only bring and install a sling adapter or a logitech revue only if you are upgrading your receiver at the same time. Again this does not start until May 18th.

Either way you still would have had to pay the $99 for the sling adapter or the $179 for the Revue. Again, this isn't a huge deal. This is more like a convenience thing for us subscribers. Instead of ordering the Sling or the Revue separately and installing it yourself, the techs would install it for you, but only if you're upgrading your receiver as well. Again you would still have to pay the $99 or $179 though and the new rules don't start until May 18th.

If the link was removed why do you think reposting it would allow it to stay?

Until Dish makes it official, do not post items like this. It can change and all it does is get people in a flurry of "what if's" and in cases then folks start PM'ing the IRT people and they may not have any knowledge on it (again because its not official)

What part of "dont keep posting non official Dish items" don't you get?

Seriously...read my post above yours. And no its not me making that decision......I just follow what was asked

If you want to post details of it as you understand it it's fine but we are trying to get away from posting "For Internal Use Only" documents to the site because as we have seen a few times already things change... but since a document looks official people consider is gospel. :)

Iceberg, what I was trying to say was that it was an official Dish item, that's why I posted it again. I didn't think that it would cause a big problem. But if that's the case then feel free to close the thread. Sorry, didn't mean to cause all the trouble.

At this point it seems useless to speculate. I'm just going to wait till the 18th and see what happens. I'm going to get one no matter what before my vacation at the end of June. I just hope it worls with my isp's upload speed.of 1 mpbs.

Maybe I'll upgrade one of my 211's to a 722k to get the sling adapter and and send back the old 722k instead.:D:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)