Fox Business Added

So now that it's available, people are bent out of shape that it's not in the TurboHD pack (which it will be eventually) ? Someone should be posting before the end of the week that they'll quit if it's not on THD by next Monday...

I told you so?

So now that it's available, people are bent out of shape that it's not in the TurboHD pack (which it will be eventually) ? Someone should be posting before the end of the week that they'll quit if it's not on THD by next Monday...

I told you so?

Point is that there is no good reason for it not to be in the Turbo HD only paks. It is on their website and their advertise this as an all HD service but dont put these 2 channels in it. Give me a break!

Point is that there is no good reason for it not to be in the Turbo HD only paks. It is on their website and their advertise this as an all HD service but dont put these 2 channels in it. Give me a break!

Patience grasshopper.:)

I told you so?

I had a chat with a CSR that said the website was a "mistake." As I said in another thread, that is just incompetence on the part of Dish. It may not be a big deal in terms of what channel it is, but I expected to have the ability to watch any hd channel that dish has available. Right now, that is not the case. As you have suggested, it is probably a temporary situation, but the longer it takes, the longer I don't have that channel, period; hd or sd. It is just ironic that hd only customers are the last to receive the new hd... Some kind of cruel joke...

Now, I will not be one of those screaming, "I will leave dish!" That just isn't me. I picked this service because of what it had to offer compared to Time Warner in my area, and because Direct did not have an hd only solution. I love my DVR and am really digging the sling guide beta. It is just cruel to dangle the new hd in our face, and then say, "well actually, you need to have an sd pack to get the new hd channels."

Could this have been a Fox demand? Think about it. There thus far are other Fox properties in SD broadcasting. They may not want to allow Fox News viewers to abandon these SD subscriptions.

Given the problems Fox had with "the most widely distributed" package, I imagine the new contact is a little more specific. If it's not in HD only, Fox must have agreed to it.

Could this have been a Fox demand? Think about it. There thus far are other Fox properties in SD broadcasting. They may not want to allow Fox News viewers to abandon these SD subscriptions.

Given the problems Fox had with "the most widely distributed" package, I imagine the new contact is a little more specific. If it's not in HD only, Fox must have agreed to it.

But then why taunt us by updating the website to say it is in the hd only packs?

E* has Fox News HD listed in the Turbo Bronze package and Fox Business News HD iin the Turbo Gold package.

DISH Network - 1.888.825.2557

I just caught this too ... I did hear one thing in other posts that seem to suggest that for folks that get their HD off of 61.5 get the channels, while those who are pointed to 129 currently do not. That could explain why some are getting it and some are not ... :confused:

The fact that it is in the channel lineup is at least encouraging ... and frustrating ;)

I just caught this too ... I did hear one thing in other posts that seem to suggest that for folks that get their HD off of 61.5 get the channels, while those who are pointed to 129 currently do not. That could explain why some are getting it and some are not ... :confused:

The fact that it is in the channel lineup is at least encouraging ... and frustrating ;)

Nope. I am on eastern arc, with 61.5 dead in my sights. At least for turbo customers, the problem is something else.

According to the tech chat:

"It is official. At this time, these channels are not available in our TurboHD programming. We will look to see how popular these channels become in HD and then make a decision as to whether or not they fit into our TurboHD programming. That's the official information on this situation, the information is in the process of being pulled off of the website."

Great Dish. This is bull, if they don't fix this soon I'll be switching away from my TurboHD gold package and going to DirecTV, where they don't screw around with their customers.

Well ... this leaves a bad taste in my mouth ... you pay for HD Only ... they add HD ... but only give it to SD packages with HD add on. This makes no sense to me ... :confused:

I might have to think about what packages I want again if this continues ... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)