FOX News Channel/DISH dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
If there is already a thread on this,then please merge this with that thread,but in the meantime I couldn't find it if it does exist.
Anyway,I'm watching the Bengals-Browns game & during commercials,i saw a commercial about "Dish may block Fox News /Business News Networks. Found nothing about it online,any clues?

When is the drop date for FOX News Channel on DISH Network? I've done a quick google search and a check here for the drop date and haven't found one. FOX News Channel is running lie ads during the NFL game today saying DISH is going to block them and that viewers will not have accss to FOX News Channel (the truth is that DISH will not block them but have to contractually drop them if they can't reach a carriage agreement).

Oh, it's just another dispute Dish is having with one of their programing providers. It happens all of the time. The programing interruptions only last a short time generally. No biggie. It will get settled sooner or later if the interruption in service happens at all.

I see them on the Philly Fox station. I watch Don Imus on Fox Business a couple of times a week but I can live without him or listen on the radio if I start pinin' for him.

If Dish has to drop Fox News, even for an hour, it will be a very big deal.

That's the #1 channel for at least 80% of the Dish customers we install. DirecTV customers seem to want CNN or else they just don't care about the news.

Could just swap in Newsmax and/or Blaze.

That's the #1 channel for at least 80% of the Dish customers we install.
#1? Even more than ESPN?
definitely a channel I wouldn't notice was gone if it's dropped.
They really should drop the news from it since the majority of the stuff on there isn't news broadcasts but a bunch of talking heads, just like on MSNBC.
Maybe The Fox Infotainment Channel.
Indeed. The "news" portion to the cable "news" networks is overwhelmed by the commentary and opinion content. It'd be like ESPN only showing the Lakers games and talking endlessly about how the Lakers are being robbed by the system and how the other teams are a bunch of lazy, unemployed monsters bent on destroying the league David Stern built.

Reactions: TheKrell
is this the only one from the Fox cluster of channels or will FXX and a couple others that weren't affected by the 2010 Fox dispute to be effected. and Dish just finished their dispute with CBS plus still have to reach a new long term deal with Time Warner's Turner Networks and NBCUniversal's Comcast Sports Net RSNs.

i guess dispute maina 2014 will enter 2015 and before it's all over, Dish will be in a dispute with just about everyone who has contract expiring between now and Jan 1, 2016.

Could just swap in Newsmax and/or Blaze.

#1? Even more than ESPN? ....

Newsmax isn't in HD and doesn't have the same level of female talent. ;)

Yes, much more popular than ESPN around here on Dish anyway. We have a lot of customers who leave the TV on Fox News all day long.

Reactions: eacalhoun

That's the #1 channel for at least 80% of the Dish customers we install. DirecTV customers seem to want CNN or else they just don't care about the news.

I'm saying the same I said for CBS, but even stronger, DISH can't have it blacked out, at least not for long. They have a very loyal following. They are one of the most watched cable channels on Cable, NOT just news. This is one of those times people will leave no questions asked assuming they are not in contract if that channel is gone for any real length of time. This is one time discounts and Roku's won't keep those who want Fox News. Fox News is not available for streaming on Roku for example.
http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/q3-2014-ratings-fox-news-is-most-watched-cable-network_b240618

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser...network-in-primetime-for-full-quarter_b240637

And they beat network news, not the first time.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/11/06/fox-news-ratings-election-night

And finally before the elections even played a role in ratings
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/q2-2014-cable-news-ratings-fox-news-hits-50th-straight-quarter-at-1/

Reactions: JSheridan
definitely a channel I wouldn't notice was gone if it's dropped.
They really should drop the news from it since the majority of the stuff on there isn't news broadcasts but a bunch of talking heads, just like on MSNBC.
Maybe The Fox Infotainment Channel.

but no cooking/travelogue shows like on CNN.

Reactions: Tampa8
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)