Fox News is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I may just sit and watch foxnews until after red eye goes off. Glad I got a free ppv and $50. First time they ever gave me anything.
So I think I'm going to still check direct. Got me to think about what channels I really want.
i should say thank you to everyone who responed to the thread about getting the 50 dollar credit i wanted to make sure you guys got something out of this dispute between dish and fox.thank you :)

Reactions: TheKrell
204 there is a hd feed on the guide they can use that to put the blaze in hd just an idea

Glad to see for fans of fox it's back and look in the big picture folks survived a channel being pulled for a bit (I think) :)

Charlie looked normal to me on DishStandsForYou.com. I don't see what Mitch is talking about.

You all know there's a downside to this FNC resolution... Scott will have less traffic to his site. :( And tomorrow is Friday, usually dead around here anyway.

Here is what I think happened with the negotiations. A compromise was reached on the FS1/FXX contract that Fox was wanting to re-negotiate before it expired. Both that contract and the FNC/FXB contract were extended with new long-term agreements, but in order to not set a bad precedent, the FS1/FXX contract will remain as is until the expiration date, but will then kick in automatically at the newly contracted rate. This way, neither party will have to negotiate either contract for years to come. Win/win. SlingTV streaming rights were also obtained, and the Fox lawsuit against Dish will be dropped.

Ok, that last line is probably more pie-in-the-sky thinking, but hey, what the hell.

You all know there's a downside to this FNC resolution... Scott will have less traffic to his site. :( And tomorrow is Friday, usually dead around here anyway.
OTOH, all the spelling-and-grammar-challenged posters with 27 posts will disappear from whence they came. Quite frankly, I had trouble understanding some of the crapola they wrote.

The slingtv might be the final little things Charlie was talking about that was being worked out.

Here is what I think happened with the negotiations. A compromise was reached on the FS1/FXX contract that Fox was wanting to re-negotiate before it expired. Both that contract and the FNC/FXB contract were extended with new long-term agreements, but in order to not set a bad precedent, the FS1/FXX contract will remain as is until the expiration date, but will then kick in automatically at the newly contracted rate. This way, neither party will have to negotiate either contract for years to come. Win/win. SlingTV streaming rights were also obtained, and the Fox lawsuit against Dish will be dropped.

Ok, that last line is probably more pie-in-the-sky thinking, but hey, what the hell.
They are all reasonable assumptions.

..and here, I didn't get a chance to get in my application to the Dish Defense League. I was going to do Charlie's Angels, but checking the mirror this morning, even I can't convince myself of that one. :)

These things usually get solved, that's what we tell customers. Have to feel sorry for the ones that ate a big ETF to make a switch somewhere else. Nobody likes losing their favorite channels, I remember AMC in 2012, and going to a friend's house to watch The Walking Dead on her cable system. Glad most folks were cool and reasonable during this...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts