Fox News is back

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Anyone got the video from Charlie for the welcome back saved? Haven't had the chance to watch it, as I am out of state, and do not have my computer, and keep seeing references to it.
What, you don't sling? Must not be the true Fanboy I thought you were. :D J.K. You ain't missin' sh*t

A source tells The Hollywood Reporter that the Fox News Channel won an increase in the per subscriber per month payment.

A source close to the negotiations said Dish agreed to pay an average monthly fee of $1.50 per subscriber for Fox News, the most-watched cable news network. The fee is "significantly higher" than what Dish paid previously, the source said.

The new agreement is believed to extend at least five years.

In addition, the Fox Business Channel will be moved to the same tier that currently carries Fox News, which is essentially the Dish version of basic cable carriage. Until now Fox Business has been on a higher tier, which subscribers must elect to receive for an additional fee.

Fox News and Fox Business will not be on the Dish's upcoming over-the-top service Sling TV, but
satellite customers may have TV everywhere rights to the channels, according to the source.

Charlie had already said, well before the takedown was resolved, that Dish was prepared to pay more for Fox News, and the sticking point was adding other channels in the discussion. This somewhat confirms that Dish did exactly what it said it would do.

I know you're totally obsessed, even as a non-Dish subscriber, with trying to spin this against Charlie, trying to parse his statements, even read his body language (lol), even going so far as to try to suggest this has to do with Charlie trying to be Rupert Murdoch (although, if I remember right, Charlie is richer than him). Not sure what your obsession is, now that you don't have Dish. Did Charlie steal your fish?

Hope Uverse (?) works out for you.. We'll miss you on the Dish forum.

I hear you ! The first thing I did tonight when I got home was to once again lock out FOX news and FOX Business channels on my hopper and joeys . Didn't ever miss it when it was gone ,because I had it locked out before it was taken down. :smug

I got cnn and msnbc locked out and threw away the key.

None of them are news channels, they are opinion channels for those who can't make up their own mind and have to led.
While that is true because of the nature of trying to fill 24/7 with something since hard news wouldn't cover it at all, or even come close, CNN is the best with breaking news and followup on the stories.

For example, yesterday I was listening to CNN and bouncing between FNC and CNN on my SiriusXM radio. It was quite a contrast. CNN was doing all kinds of things that you expect in a breaking news story of importance. Fox OTOH, was doing their usual which is sparse coverage of the story, and then bringing in talking heads to espouse their opinions about the story with a right slant to the opinion. And FNC wasn't covering much of the Belgium issue at all, mostly other issues to show their right leaning.

It is really a night and day difference.

Look at your source. Rates do go up and it wasn't about the money. It was about contracts that had nothing to do with Fox News. But as you've been told that many times you're never going to accept that. So why don't you just move along? Why do you have to hassle us?

Since when is giving you the details of the settlement "hassling" you? This is straight from Reuters and the Hollywood Reporter.

If Ergen hadn't lost his cool, he would have done better. You don't call someone a "blackmailer" , "hostage-taker" and "extortionist" if you want to cut a deal. When I heard that, it sounded to me and many others that this was going to be a two or three month battle. Then out of nowhere, Charlie pulls a rabbit out of his hat and says all is forgiven and we will have you back on in an hour.

It's been real. Good bye and good luck.

Since when is giving you the details of the settlement "hassling" you? This is straight from Reuters and the Hollywood Reporter.

If Ergen had kept his cool,he would have done better. You don't call someone a "blackmailer" , "hostage-taker" and "extortionist" if you want to cut a deal. When I heard that, it sounded to me and many others that this was going to be a two or three month battle. Then out of nowhere, Charlie pulls a rabbit out of his hat and says all is forgiven and we will have you back on in an hour.

It's been real. Good bye and good luck.

"good bye and good luck"?? We should be so lucky!! :)

Your sources are not in the know, just doing the same thing you are. Pick out what you believe, look for posts that support that position, and then roll out your 'expert' opinion. IOW, just the usual BS to get some clicks.

From nearly the very start of the negotiations, it was said that Dish had agreed to the increased rates for FNC/FNB and that the sticking point was Fox wanting to violate contracts for the other channels they own to increase their costs too. I know that doesn't fit your 'expert' opinon, but them's the facts as best we know them.

but them's the facts as best we know them.
And those are facts that FOX never disputed. if Charlie was on TV saying these things and they were not true then FOX would be suing DISH for making false statements.

I heard more last night about the deal and again all indications was FOX News went back to DISH to get back on. Not the other way around.

Dish, Fox News reach distribution deal
Jan 16 2015, 02:18 ET | By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor

Ending a three-week fight, Dish Network (NASDAQ:DISH) has reached a new multiyear distribution agreement with Fox News (NASDAQ:FOXA) and is putting the 14M subscriber channel back on its satellite-TV service.
Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed, however, people familiar with the talks said Dish is paying a significant increase for the channel. The Fox Business Network has been restored as well. http://seekingalpha.com/news/222601...e:161921b4fb8c18e117169c333662ae66#email_link

While that is true because of the nature of trying to fill 24/7 with something since hard news wouldn't cover it at all, or even come close, CNN is the best with breaking news and followup on the stories.
Yes and no. They are certainly much more newsy and less opiniony than either FNC or MSNBC. But, and it's a big but, they have geared their style of reporting and their feature stories for morons. It's news for the stupid.

I will often turn to CNN when there is something newsworthy going on, as FNC and MSNBC won't be covering it as news. But, I often have to turn away after a short time due to the incredibly dumb coverage. I can't believe some of the stuff their anchors ask their reporters and guests. It's embarrassing. And, Wolf Blitzer has to be the dumbest of the lot, after Don Lemon of course.

Ted Turner must be spinning in his jacuzzi.

Right now I'm laughing at all the people in my area that switched to DirecTV recently because of Fox News. Yesterday our local ABC affiliate was taken off of DirecTV due to a dispute. So they got their Fox News for a little bit and now lost ABC. If they just stayed with Dish they'd have them both today. This is why I find switching providers because of channel disputes to be a waste of time. :D

Isn't 5 years a relatively long time for these types of deals? Isn't it typically 2 or 3? If so, the "substantially higher rate" Dish is paying is over a substantially longer time period, so no other increases during that time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)