Fox Sports 1

it isn't the number of sports channels, its the high cost of ESPN. No one cares about 23 cents for Fox Sports 1 and 10 cents for Fox Sports 2.
Looks like Fox Sports is more interesting than ESPN, higher energy hosts, etc.

Obviously this content costs Fox $$$ but they will make it up on the advertising, eventually. Dish will have to put Fox Sports 2 in HD to be competitive with DirecTV.

I understand peoples concerns I do...but really???

I wish there was a way to seperate sports from the rest...the sports people could say they dont want to pay for other programming and save money

If dish loses espn they also lose all the espn/disney channels so other people would lose channels...if lost is there anyone that beleives there bill will go down a substantial amount???
Not a dime.
If ESPN goes away with a protracted contract dispute to follow, Dish loses a ton of customers.
I say if ESPN goes away, it's not coming back. Charlie is not afraid to take on the tough customers. Nor is he incapable making tough choices. Charlie has demonstrated a cavalier attitude toward sports programming.
The loss of all three NY DMA RSN's and his unwillingness to even make a reasonable bid for MLB EI and/or NFL ST is proof of that.
I think Charlie's ego will lead him oin this. He will be able to say "Hey, I was the only one with the balls to take on ESPN".

Not a dime.
If ESPN goes away with a protracted contract dispute to follow, Dish loses a ton of customers.
I say if ESPN goes away, it's not coming back. Charlie is not afraid to take on the tough customers. Nor is he incapable making tough choices. Charlie has demonstrated a cavalier attitude toward sports programming.
The loss of all three NY DMA RSN's and his unwillingness to even make a reasonable bid for MLB EI and/or NFL ST is proof of that.
I think Charlie's ego will lead him oin this. He will be able to say "Hey, I was the only one with the balls to take on ESPN".

What exactly does a reasonable bid for NFL ST actually look like? Considering its have to top Direct's bid, I'm not so sure reasonable is anywhere in that ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

As much as I don't like ESPN, it would be the one channel that would cause me to switch. Iowa State has 16 games on ESPN networks for basketball this upcoming season and I am not missing them.

Not a dime.
If Dish loses ESPN for good, then Dish becomes a niche product, and perhaps does not survive. They are already niche in NY due to no local sports, can't see a scenario where Charlie would willingly lose half or more of his subs.

Watching a bit of fox sports live. Why must all the sport shows box everything around with stuff. Takes away from the actual picture

Maybe I a am just catching it at the wrong time, but seems the focus on more on supposed funny stuff then sports?

It was amusing yesterday when I was just checking out what was playing on FS1. There was a NASCAR event (I don't keep up with NASCAR, so I don't know what it is, but they called it the Michigan NCWTS Qualifying). The announcers were commenting on a statement from a crew chief, Junior Joiner who said, "Now we're going to have to go two laps, because they took a little bit of speed away from us at inspection." The announcer's comment was, "...that's not nice...they're not supposed to take speed away from you."

I am a fan of Dish Network and I am also a sports fan of many teams that are on ESPN, Fox Sports, Fox Sports South and Sports South. Not having the regional sports network in HD, not having ESPNU in HD, and being unsure that ESPN or Fox Sports 1 will be carried once the current contracts are up is keeping me from upgrading my hardware because I would have to renew my agreement with dish for another 2 years. It seems unfair that we have to agree to take programming for a two year period, but they have no requirement to provide the programming we agreed to pay for. It is time for programming like Fox Sports 1 to be offered at whatever cost Fox wants to charge for it. We as customers then can elect either to pay for it or not.

I only like their live sports programs and don't like the sports talk shows on radio or tv for that matter.

The UFC competition last night was incredible .. much more interesting than boxing.

What's wrong with it? What do you want to see instead?

To me it's almost like sportscenter but with more of the entertainment pushed piece. Maybe it will
Get better, but I don't like the panel piece. Really don't care for Donvan mcnabb

I liked Fox sports live but not the panel thing. Andy Roddick and Gary Payton talking about football? It's a bit strange....For Jay and Dan, I was used to seeing them on TSN and I like their style.

BTW, FS2's picture quality is total crap. My grandmother's old RCA tv looks better!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)