Fox Sports 1

The loss of all three NY DMA RSN's and his unwillingness to even make a reasonable bid for MLB EI and/or NFL ST is proof of that.

What exactly does a reasonable bid for NFL ST actually look like? Considering its have to top Direct's bid, I'm not so sure reasonable is anywhere in that ballpark.
I don't think it matters. My understanding is that the DTV/NFLST is an exclusive contract, so that no other bid from any other provider would matter. Not Dish's or any other provider's fault for not having ST.

So we have fs1 and fs2 (crappy ad though) ...we were told to have fxx but all this is still under the old speed,fuel,fsc contracts??? Does any one have any insight when the contracts are up and/or if dish was able to get new contracts

I was just wondering how this will play out

FXX doesn't premier until early next month. It is in HD and will be in the AT120 package.

On Monday, September 2, FX Networks will launch FXX, a new network aimed at young adult viewers, it was announced today. With the addition of FXX, FX Networks will become a suite of three networks consisting of FX, FXX and FXM.

FXX will be available in 74 million homes in year one, making it one of the most widely distributed entertainment networks ever for an ad-supported cable network in its inaugural year. FXX initially will be built on a foundation of original comedy series, movies and acquired series, and expand to include original drama series, all primarily designed to attract young adults 18-34.

I've been away for over 10 days so I'm trying to see whats the latest with FX1 and FX2. I really did spend some time here trying to catch up but can someone recap where we're at right now. I only see Speed on my guide. What channel numbers should I be looking for? Thanks

FS1 is on channel 150, FS2 is on channel 398... Even though they still show Speed and Fuel as channel names the programming is FS1 & FS2...

I see the bitch fest is still on going... Who said you were paying more? Did the Dish fairy show up last night and take money out of your account for the FS1 launch? Did you get a memo your bill was going up?

:rolleyes:

Unless Fox completely caved then yes our bills will be going up.They were asking for .80c as opposed to .23c per sub.The Dish fairy doesn't come around till Feb or March btw.

You have been out of the loop. Fox Sports didn't get any increase, it has been put off until the next contract negotiations in a year or so.

ESPN is about $6.50 a month now for everyone and they now want at least a 15-20 percent increase for the next few years. Contract expires on Oct 1.

The only reason UFC is on that channel tonight is because the launch of the new channel. I think what it comes down to is if and when they raise the price are you willing to pay it. If so their are lots of alternatives. Hell I may say I've had enough someday too.

Am I happy they want to charge double or triple. Not at all but what can I do? Say F it and cancel?? Sure but then I would have to deal with my wife who loves sports too. I get your point though. It's all good.

Nope all UFC programming from FX, Fuel, Speed, etc will now be on FS1 with some cards on Fox. Also FS1 will now have a weekly(correct me if I'm wrong) card on Wednesdays now starting later this month or in Sep.

Nope all UFC programming from FX, Fuel, Speed, etc will now be on FS1 with some cards on Fox. Also FS1 will now have a weekly(correct me if I'm wrong) card on Wednesdays now starting later this month or in Sep.

That's what I ment. It's on their now because of the new branding. Which is a good thing. I enjoyed it. I made that statement because someone said UFC was going to be on there even without the new branding.

Well after further review, don't like the fox sports live show. To each their own I guess

You don't like pure highlights without a talking head saying how X player isn't as good as Y player who is a superstar? Or how x team doesn't even belong with y team who is a powerhouse? o_O

Sorry but if you don't like Fox Sports Live go back to that biased as s*** BCS(EC)PiN crap and leave the rest of us alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have been out of the loop. Fox Sports didn't get any increase, it has been put off until the next contract negotiations in a year or so.

ESPN is about $6.50 a month now for everyone and they now want at least a 15-20 percent increase for the next few years. Contract expires on Oct 1.

Wow,how did I miss that?Got any links?I have read everyone of the FS1 threads here and didn't see that mentioned.

You don't like pure highlights without a talking head saying how X player isn't as good as Y player who is a superstar? Or how x team doesn't even belong with y team who is a powerhouse? o_O

Sorry but if you don't like Fox Sports Live go back to that biased as s*** BCS(EC)PiN crap and leave the rest of us alone.

Not a fan of espn sports center either. To me fox sports live is similar to espn sportscenter but maybe it will grow on me, will see.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Closing-Bell/2013/08/15/FS1-pricing.aspx

Fox backed down to keep from having to fight Dish, Directv and Time Warner all at once. The next question is when exactly the current contracts expire

There seems to be conflicting reports about that.

http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-sports-1-strikes-deals-with-directv-time-warner-and-dish-2013-8

It is unclear what the providers have agreed to pay FS1, and according to Flint, the final details are still being worked out. But this is good news for those that were eager to see the debut of ESPN's biggest competition to date.

Well,one of two possible outcomes then.FS1 will get dropped,or they will get more than .23c per sub.I guess we will have a clearer picture come Feb.They are seeking $1.50 per sub in the next few years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)