Freaky guide.

wileadams

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Greenwood, Indiana
This morning I turned on my 921 and the guide was all whacked out. New font and layout. I thought at first it might just need to be rebooted. Pulled the card and it rebooted. Still the weird guide. I then tried a power-plug reboot. Still the weird guide. I am still at the same version number. I will try to get a picture of it later today.

-Wil

wileadams said:
This morning I turned on my 921 and the guide was all whacked out. New font and layout. I thought at first it might just need to be rebooted. Pulled the card and it rebooted. Still the weird guide. I then tried a power-plug reboot. Still the weird guide. I am still at the same version number. I will try to get a picture of it later today.

-Wil
Any chance that you could take a picture of the guide fonts and post it here?

I've seen posts over on the Official Support forum about this - started @ L185 and L186 fixed it, but we never got to see what it looked like. I'm also sure that an update to that bug report would be appropriate.

Pictures were posted here:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=259254&postcount=6

Yet another memory/database corruption for the 921. Speculation is that it's losing a font (or other graphic component).

The problem was corrected when L186 downloaded. You may not want to wait for L187. Probably need to call customer support.

You should post to that thread. The programmers will (hopefully) see it.

Interesting layout design

David_Levin said:
Pictures were posted here:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=259254&postcount=6

Yet another memory/database corruption for the 921. Speculation is that it's losing a font (or other graphic component).

The problem was corrected when L186 downloaded. You may not want to wait for L187. Probably need to call customer support.

You should post to that thread. The programmers will (hopefully) see it.
Yours is different than mine. Thanks for posting the pictures. I noticed that your guide has white line boxes around some items. I don't understand why yours is like it is. The fonts look the same as mine though. What kind of video hook-up are you using?

Hi David!

Guess I missed your original post of what the badness looked like.

----------

I just spaced out for a second. Had an epiphany. What if the 921 were treated like a computer instead of a consumer device. To put it another way, if there were TECH support instead of CUSTOMER support. I mean the REAL definitions, not what E* uses.

After all, software vendors supply patches or computers all the time. And software vendors know they're dealing with people that can spell PC. :)

Of course, someone that wanted entry to this special support would have to prove they are worthy. I can think of a dozen wayz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)