Free remote, Dish still good at it.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
40.0 was getting gunked up (contacts). Chat fellow wanted me to jump through some trouble shooting hoops which I refused to do, (which he understood why) and I will be getting a new one, no charge, no shipping. Another little thing Dish does that keeps me a customer!

40.0 was getting gunked up (contacts). Chat fellow wanted me to jump through some trouble shooting hoops which I refused to do, (which he understood why) and I will be getting a new one, no charge, no shipping. Another little thing Dish does that keeps me a customer!
What a coincidence! The same thing just happened to me today.

If their equipment is defective, the least they can do is send you a new one. They don't ask for the old remote back because it isn't worth the shipping charge. I have my 52.0 locked up in a drawer somewhere and use my Harmony remote instead . .. haven't looked back.

I absolutely love Dish's remote. The learning capability is awesome and means I can control all of my devices with the single Dish remote. Which is great because toddler love remotes and hiding one is easier than hiding four.

Reactions: KAB
I took all my 52.0 remotes to the shooting range. They didn't seem to work after . I then bought 40.0 remotes from eBay.

If their equipment is defective, the least they can do is send you a new one. They don't ask for the old remote back because it isn't worth the shipping charge. I have my 52.0 locked up in a drawer somewhere and use my Harmony remote instead . .. haven't looked back.
They do replace their equipment free of charge... Problem is you own the remotes, and they are out of warranty after 1 year. That said, even their receivers they replace free of charge, but without the proplan, you may be assessed a shipping fee. That's not a charge for the equipment.

They do replace their equipment free of charge... Problem is you own the remotes, and they are out of warranty after 1 year. That said, even their receivers they replace free of charge, but without the proplan, you may be assessed a shipping fee. That's not a charge for the equipment.
Your "seniority" and account record goes a long way toward getting any or all shipping charges waived without the protection package.

Lol. They don't give me nothing for free but I don't ask. I got so much extra crap lying around that I have replacement accessories for days. I think at last count I was at 16 40.0's.

Yep...
Bought a new dish remote for my step-dad's birthday present at Wally World...
Decided to give Dish a call to check... and BAM!, they sent a new one for free...
Saved 30 bucks and made me & my step-dad happy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts