FSN Midwest not in HD

I had an email from Dish tonight concerning the game on STO that was in SD...

Thank you for your email. We apologize for your inconvenience created by this issue. Occasionally, some sporting events are broadcasted only in SD. We are very sorry, but we do not have a control over decision made by a network on broadcasting events in SD....and STO says all of the games are in HD so somebody is lying...now who could it be...hmmm?

All Rockies games are produced in HD by Fox Sports Rocky Mountain. My neighbors with DirecTV and Comcast have had all of the games in HD thus far. Here's an email I received from Dish after the first Rockies game was not sent in HD by Dish:
Thanks for your patience while I looked into this issue. I was able to find out that due to miscommunication between Fox Sports and the new ownership group of Fox Rocky Mountain – Liberty Sports Group – yesterday’s HD feed was inadvertently missing from the DISH Network HD schedule. Our programming team has spoken to both parties and they have assured us such a mistake will not be made again. DISH Network plans on delivering all of the Rockies games in HD this season.

I really appreciate that you brought this to our attention If you experience any additional problems with the HD game feed for Fox Rocky Mountain I hope you let me know.

I thank you for continuing to be a DISH Network customer. As a token of our appreciation of your continued support, I would like to place a credit on your account in the amount of $10.00.
Of course, the next two Rockies games were sent out in SD only on Dish.

I'm having a tough time trying to figure out Dish's business plan regarding this issue. Dish spends what seems to be a lot of resources answering email complaints, meeting with programming providers, having personnel in their programming departments scheduling which HD games viewers get screwed out of, and having uninformed CSR's spending time without adequate knowledge answering inquiries from unhappy subscribers. And they lie in their responses, just as the previous post shows as does the response I received. Just great customer service. If they have the transponder space available to provide game-only HD feeds, it seems to me that it would be cheaper, by saving all of these human resources vs. cost to use the transponders, to just provide all the game only HD feeds and have happy customers to boot. DirecTV certainly doesn't concern itself with this issue because it isn't an issue for them.

I must be missing something here.

OTA antenna install help.

Vip 722, Self-Installation, and A.E.P questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts