Full Streaming Coming September 8th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They just broke it. Maybe they turned off the beta until the 8th now. In fact on demand is broken too, but yet the receiver has an IP address and says it's connected to the Internet. Noticed My DirecTV screen hasn't been working all day either. Check system info and apparently there was a software update last night. Ran CLEARMYBOX. System reboots. Ran the transc0dean search and I still can't get the directv app to see it. They really messed this last software update.

They just broke it. Maybe they turned off the beta until the 8th now. In fact on demand is broken too, but yet the receiver has an IP address and says it's connected to the Internet. Noticed My DirecTV screen hasn't been working all day either. Check system info and apparently there was a software update last night. Ran CLEARMYBOX. System reboots. Ran the transc0dean search and I still can't get the directv app to see it. They really messed this last software update.

Still working for me, but I am not using the Beta. It had already been rolled out to my area.

Whenever I try to set up anything that I think is related to this, it tells me I am not on my home network. But I am... I am 6 or 7 feet from the modem. Phone is connected to same wifi.

Not true. My neighbor had D* installed a few weeks ago and he has two plain old 1080p TVs and he got an HR54.
Interesting, from what has been said here from installers is you have to have a 4K TV to get one.
What point is it for him to have a 54 at this point ?

Maybe that's all the installer had in his van that day.

I was scheduled to get the HR54 even though D* got my order wrong and didn't record the fact I had a 4K TV. The installer only had to replace the client box on the order, not the Genie.

I understand that the new software will let you download your recorded shows to a tablet or computer. I have a GenieGo and that will override the new app. They explained the new app will not use a whole home list if one of your receivers is pre HR44. I have a HR54 and an HR24. I'll just keep using my GenieGo.

geniego is not supported anymore, and will most likely cease to work eventually

Whenever I try to set up anything that I think is related to this, it tells me I am not on my home network. But I am... I am 6 or 7 feet from the modem. Phone is connected to same wifi.

Along this same line, when I open the app and I go to the receiver section, it searches for awhile but then says one is "not found" It gives me instructions to enter the IP address, which I do, but the receiver still is not found. When I go to the settings on the tv for the receiver, everything is fine and the receiver is connected to the internet. This problem had been going on for weeks and when I called Directv, the told me a "case" was opened and someone would get back to me. That never happened and I pretty much gave up. I just saw this thread about the Sept 8th roll out of the Mobile DVR, so maybe my problems are related to this. At any rate, if anyone has suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Along this same line, when I open the app and I go to the receiver section, it searches for awhile but then says one is "not found" It gives me instructions to enter the IP address, which I do, but the receiver still is not found. When I go to the settings on the tv for the receiver, everything is fine and the receiver is connected to the internet. This problem had been going on for weeks and when I called Directv, the told me a "case" was opened and someone would get back to me. That never happened and I pretty much gave up. I just saw this thread about the Sept 8th roll out of the Mobile DVR, so maybe my problems are related to this. At any rate, if anyone has suggestions for me I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
I have run across the same issue.

I also have the same issue. I assume it's because I'm not in one of the beta states initially used for the rollout and this will be a non issue on 9/8 but a confirmation would be nice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess that those of use without boxes that connect to the internet as just sh*t out of luck. I am not going to pay for an upgrade just to have this feature.

I guess that those of use without boxes that connect to the internet as just sh*t out of luck. I am not going to pay for an upgrade just to have this feature.
My Genie is connected to the internet.
I can watch my programming outside of my home, but I think we've been able to do that to some extent for awhile now.
It will be interesting to see if I can download my playlist to my tablet and play it without an internet connection (ala to watch while on plane)

Can I watch sports from my normal area when I am out of my normal area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts