Gameday 2009: Lets get this party started!

If you've never done Cincy-style chilli-spaghetti, I HIGHLY recommend it. Now that its on my mind, I might have to grab a 4-way for lunch from Skyline Chili.

Don't listen to him, vampz. It's delicious! :D

I can see HDMM's point. (kind of the same way I can understand my daughters mom when she turns her nose up at the 'Olive Garden'.)

...but it does sounds rather intriguing...kind of like chili-mac, but with a lot more personality...

I can see HDMM's point. (kind of the same way I can understand my daughters mom when she turns her nose up at the 'Olive Garden'.)

...but it does sounds rather intriguing...kind of like chili-mac, but with a lot more personality...
I'm with your daughter's mom when it comes to Olive Garden. Yuck!

I'm telling you...try the Cincy chilli. Just be sure not to use any beans and be sure to top it with a ton of cheddar cheese.

Bears vs. Steelers tomorrow....if course with the loss of Urlacher for the season, I can't say I'm nearly as excited as I should be...

Anyway...I got me a some flat-iron steaks I'm going to grill up and going to bake up some Pittsburgh potatoes on the side.

The question is, what to marinade the steaks in.,,,

i know im late on this, but what is a pittsburgh potato??

i know im late on this, but what is a pittsburgh potato??

While I have yet to see anything close to a 'traditional' recipe for it, in general its basically potatoes au gratin made with sharp cheddar and mixed with a jar of pimentos.

its really good, and is really a great football side dish...

So, it worked out well! I thought it might.

Oh yes...

You generally can't go wrong with a bone-in ham for any occasion, but the peach glaze fit the gameday theme perfectly for Atlanta...it really made it work! Great IDEA! :up

While I have yet to see anything close to a 'traditional' recipe for it, in general its basically potatoes au gratin made with sharp cheddar and mixed with a jar of pimentos.

its really good, and is really a great football side dish...

ok thanks. never herd of that. im in st louis so when we tailgate for rams game now we dont care what we eat as long it has alot of arsenic!!!! winless still:mad:

The Special Olympics of football.

:(

But hey...what do you recommend for a Cleveland dish?

Pumpkin Soup? Pumpkin Pie? Sweet Potato Casserole? (If you want to go with the whole Orange theme).

If not, a local favorite around these parts are pierogi's with sauted onions and a side of grilled kielbasi.

Another local dish is the "Polish Boy". It consists of a grilled kielbasa placed in a bun, covered with a layer of french fries, a layer of barbecue sauce and a layer of coleslaw.

Last edited:
Pumpkin Soup? Pumpkin Pie? Sweet Potato Casserole? (If you want to go with the whole Orange theme).

If not, a local favorite around these parts are pierogi's with sauted onions and a side of grilled kielbasi.

Another local dish is the "Polish Boy". It consists of a grilled kielbasa placed in a bun, covered with a layer of french fries, a layer of barbecue sauce and a layer of coleslaw.

Polish sausage in Chicago is a staple...its even been parodied on SNL...:)

I could just do a lot of grilled polish sausage and do the traditional Chicago Maxwell Street Polish and try the Cleveland Polish Boy right with it...

What could be interesting...

Well, tomorrow for the Bears vs. Arizona is southwest fajitas. Chicken and steak.

Even though I don't think the Bears stand a chance in hell...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)