Gave up on first DCT-6412 DVR: New one is great

Wayne88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2005
Baltimore, MD
After trying everything to get my motorola DCT-6412 DVR to work, I ordered a replacement. Unfortunately, the tech brought only DCT-6408s (single tuner). But the good news is that he informed me that instead of waiting for another service call, I could drive over to the local Comcast headquarters with my old box and exchange it. One fifteen minute drive later, I had a replacement DVR. This replacement DVR works just great so far. It records and plays back with great picture and sound. It pauses live TV and rewinds it without freezing. I only wish I had done this sooner. I was prepared to make another trip over there if the 2nd one was even worse than the first.....but that won't be necessary.
Wayne

jgantert

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 7, 2004
Aberdeen, MD
Well, atleast its better now. :)

Does that Moto box warn you if you try to record and don't have enough space to record the entire show? Just asking because I usually record the NASCAR race (6 hours in HD) and I'm usually gunshy to record the HD version because of the space required (and not available).

-John

Wayne88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 22, 2005
Baltimore, MD
DVR hardrive capacity warning

jgantert said:
Well, atleast its better now. :)

Does that Moto box warn you if you try to record and don't have enough space to record the entire show? Just asking because I usually record the NASCAR race (6 hours in HD) and I'm usually gunshy to record the HD version because of the space required (and not available).

-John
Hi John,
I have no tried recording when I'm too near the limit so I'm not sure whether it will give a warning (a la the directv SD dvr). When you hit the "my DVR" button it tells you what percent of the hard drive is used up with recordings. I guess I could test it by trying to ask it to record 8 hours in HD when I already have 7 hours of HD recorded. I'll let you know when I get home.
I am thrilled so far with this replacement DVR (just to get what we took for granted from Directv DVRs LOL). I hope it continues to perform up to expectations.

Odd Email, maybe yall could help.

How many grounding blocks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts