Get locals from the State you live in

I get ABC from Florida and the rest of the networks from Mobile, Alabama. I do not want Panama City locals. The are 100 miles away. Mobile is only 50 and the antennas for all are only 30 miles, yet PC's antennas are 100 miles away.

It goes back to the old Denver 5 days on C-Band and in some of the areas in Wyoming and Nebraska they STILL have Denver locals on cable mainly due to no locals out there. Thats how the cable companies got networks to those towns.

I VERY much remember how it worked on C-band, as I used to sell & install those LONG time ago, & sold the prog pkgs f/C-band...

The Denver pkg actually started out being called the Denver 5 (ABC/CBS/NBC/KWGN/KRMA-PBS) - the FOX network did NOT even exist when this pkg actually started up

Then, after FOX was born, they then added KDVR to the mix; although they never did rename the pkg "Denver 6"; they just called it "+ FOX"

When those Denver nets converted over to a digital bouquet, they then added KTVD-MNT & KBDI-(2nd) PBS to that mix - which is how they got to "Denver 8"

I get ABC from Florida and the rest of the networks from Mobile, Alabama. I do not want Panama City locals. The are 100 miles away. Mobile is only 50 and the antennas for all are only 30 miles, yet PC's antennas are 100 miles away.
You would still get Mobile/Pensacola locals. The only change might be that one day you get some locals from Panama City ADDED to your current locals. Nothing you have now would be taken away.

Now if they would only add: "...and MUST provide GUIDE DATA for those local stations they carry..."
IIRC Dish DOES have guide data for all stations they carry, just not guide data for all the subchannels and LP's that you can receive through your receiver with an antenna. There may be exceptions, but I know of none.

My local market, Portland, Oregon, goes well into Southwest Washington. The stations generally provide news on both state governments and the covered counties in their newscasts.

We have one are in particular that is in a different time zone and probably has more in common with Idaho than it does Oregon. Rivers aren't the boundaries to commerce that they were when the lines were drawn.

Having to reach out with spot beams to cover some far flung panhandle doesn't make a lot of sense and even less so for Brand D with their confined Ka spot beam coverage.

IIRC Dish DOES have guide data for all stations they carry, just not guide data for all the subchannels and LP's that you can receive through your receiver with an antenna. There may be exceptions, but I know of none.

Only wish that were true. Dish carries WGGB in Springfield. I get it OTA and it shows ABC4 digital service, WGGB-fox show FOX6 digital service. Channel 55 Amsterdam show ION but dish does not have the guide information on the OTA channel, only Satellite delivered ION. Dish carries WUNI from Worcesteer, I can get OTA - no guide info. - just digital service. WFSB in Hartford shows digital service. Ironically, WGBY in Springfield shows program info for all the substations but not the main station which dish carries.

Only wish that were true. Dish carries WGGB in Springfield. I get it OTA and it shows ABC4 digital service, WGGB-fox show FOX6 digital service. Channel 55 Amsterdam show ION but dish does not have the guide information on the OTA channel, only Satellite delivered ION. Dish carries WUNI from Worcesteer, I can get OTA - no guide info. - just digital service. WFSB in Hartford shows digital service. Ironically, WGBY in Springfield shows program info for all the substations but not the main station which dish carries.

Just to be clear you are talking about something different than what is being discussed. The reply was correct, DISH has the guide info for channels they carry. If someone becomes eligible for additional in State locals that is being talked about the guide data will be there. We are talking about actual satellite channels.
You are talking about OTA channels. And for whatever reason I have never received guide data OTA for channel 22 WWLP and have posted about that a long time ago. I don't know why but it is the exception not the rule. I get guide data from RI and Mass OTA (I get Ct locals) and in Tampa I get guide data from Orlando OTA.
I don't know if the ABC/Fox problems stem from one being a sub channel of the other in Springfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts