Getting Ticked at Sling Adapter!

Sling adapter hasn't worked but one time since I got the hopper and that was last month. But then again , it didn't work well on the 722k either. The sling pro hd box worked well till it burnt out , Twice. I have the browser DISH recommends. The router DISH recommends and even the right internet service of 20 mpbs and 2 mpbs upload speed. Great idea, but doesn't consistently work well in practice. I gave up on SLING period.

Any DIRT Members out there want to get a HIC shipped to me for free?? :) And also explain why I got 4 recovery kits for my 1 leased 722K when I upgraded.

Looks like I need a HIC. Although I do worry when Scott says his works a majority of the time.. That tells me that it still isn't 100 percent reliable. And that to me is a fail.
Since mine has not worked once, anything would be an improvement.

HIC from beginning here.

Two hoppers. First my parents have a hopper directly connected to the router by an ethernet cable and the sling works perfectly every time even after a power outage.

I just upgraded to a hopper from a 722k and both are connected by ethernet cable to the router and have worked flawlessly since install over a year ago (knock on wood).

Checked and both hoppers are s217.

The only issue I have (and hasn't happened since the new wave of software came out) was report one of the Hoppers offline. Luckily I have real Slingboxes hooked up to my Hoppers and one Joey so that way when there is a software update and I am at work I can take a look at whats new and also take screen shots using the Slingbox since the menu screens do not appear on the Sling Adapter. When it reports that one Hopper is offline I log into the Slingbox for that Hopper and take a look (normally the info banner says its ONLINE) but I go into the settings and reset the network connections then a few minutes later the Hopper is available from DISHonline, or Dish Remote Access.

One difference I did notice is that when the 722 had all its tuners in use the sling would show tuner 1. If the hopper is using all 3 tuners it tells me that there are no available tuners and will not show an image.

My two stand alone Sling boxes work fantastic and always have. Once Dish bought them out it went down hill fast!
The sling on my 922 never worked. I upgraded to the Hopper, paid $50 for the sling adaptor just praying it would work....... NOPE, SAME CRAP... your DVD is not on line. I have the ports open in my router and a direct connect from the Hopper. It just blows me away how they can come out boasting they have TV EVERYWHERE, something cable doesn't have. It is all a lie. Most of the people that have it cant use it. Why don't they advertise it that way? "WE HAVE TV EVERYWHERE, if you one of the lucky ones"..... otherwise your SOL.

Just tried Dish on Line a moment ago, and HOLY COW!! it worked pretty well. Took awhile to get started, but then OK. (Like 1-2 minutes). This on my main computer. What I don;'t like. on my android, many times, when I log on and go to the guide, it gives me what seems to be every channel in the world, listed. Of course, most of the channels are not available to me. If I choose any channel on the guide list, get a message that my box is not connected to the internet, which, opf course, is bogus, since I am sitting in front of it. This happens if I am on my network or on the Sprint network, on my android. Doesn't pertain to computer, of course. After several attempts of cancelling all the way back, then starting again, it works. On my computer, I sometimes get the wrong guide listings, but if it's gonna work at all, it still works. Sometimes I get the "Your computer connected, but there was a problem.....etc" message, which is what I was getting lately. I just changed to satellite internet service, so maybe sofware update?? Maybe Internet service?? Don't know. But a few minutes ago, is the first time D O L has worked in the past two weeks, at least. Remote access has always worked, I think, and still does. (did yesterday)

Also just tried with 217 via Ethernet, and Sling worked fine via the Dish Online site. It has been far more stable for me than the 922 ever was for Sling. With my Android, I usually have to try a couple times as it will report offline, but if I select the Joey, then back to the Hopper that will usually get it to go.

-Mike

My internet is connected with a wireless adapter to the hopper.

Does anyone else who is having trouble have ratings locks with a password? I just set that up around the same time I started having Sling issues. Just trying to identify where the actual problem might be.

Well I finally got mine to work.. Had to disable bridging. Which means I can't do media sharing on my Joeys.. Still waiting on a Dirt member to offer me a free HIC??? :) Apparently Dish can't get something as simple as just plugging an ethernet cable into the receiver from the router to work properly.

Hey guys. You may want to try again. Today I tried on my PC and Android phone and they both worked fine.
I know they are going to say they didnt make any changes, but I dont care. Now its working!! (for me anyway :))

Baley said:
Hey guys. You may want to try again. Today I tried on my PC and Android phone and they both worked fine.
I know they are going to say they didnt make any changes, but I dont care. Now its working!! (for me anyway :))

Yep. My iPad was working last night.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Earlier this week I had trouble connecting to my Sling Adapter and it said "no data stream." (This is actually my first problem using the Sling Adapter since my family got Hoppers back in March.) I tried unplugging it from the Hopper and then plugging it back in and did not get any results. What did work though was actually resetting the Hopper. Now it streams great just like it used to!

However, there is one strange problem I've been having occasionally. When I select a channel from the guide to watch through Dish Online it sometimes comes up with a channel other than what I selected. The quality of the stream is still great, it is just the wrong station. Any thoughts on this issue?

Folks, sometimes DishOnline works, sometimes it does not. The point of contention is that it more often DOESN'T work. Yeah, it worked 3 times for me on Monday, then only once on Tuesday, then not all after that. I have no doubt it will work like a lottery works. Like a grumpy old man, DishOnline seems to have good days (weeks?) and bad days. The problem we all have with DishOnline is that it is EXTREMELY unreliable. We concede DishOnline has its moments of working as advertised, but that is the minority of time.

However, even if it did work 100%, DishOnline is still a very cumbersome and slow operation. It seems the true Sling site is the one with far more positive experiences and better functionality, so we would like Sling site reliability at DishOnline.

To WheelieMan711: When it does work, it usually shows a different channel for a few seconds before it changes. It seems like it is the last channel or the live channel on the Hopper. Sometimes, it just goes to channel 101.

Does anyone from Dish care to chime in here to give us some understanding of what's up?

However, even if it did work 100%, DishOnline is still a very cumbersome and slow operation. It seems the true Sling site is the one with far more positive experiences and better functionality, so we would like Sling site reliability at DishOnline.

Hear hear. Or better still, let's bring back the standalone SlingPlayer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts