GetTV adding a few more affiliates

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Checking out Rabbitears site I noticed there are some getTV affiliates popping up (instead of being removed)

They are all through DTV America (and on low powered stations) and are in
Ft Myers, FL
Fayetteville, AR
Montgomery, AL
Joplin, MO
Amarillo, TX
Lubbock, TX

I wonder if DTV America will add GetTV back in markets that lost it for Comet or AntennaTV?
(assuming they also have a station in that market) ;)

Yes I had seen that Thursday but I was looking hard for a couple of MG stations to be on that list but we all know for that to be proof we'd have to see the deal between Sony Distribution and Media General on TV newscheck....

Checking out Rabbitears site I noticed there are some getTV affiliates popping up (instead of being removed)

They are all through DTV America (and on low powered stations) and are in
Ft Myers, FL
Fayetteville, AR
Montgomery, AL
Joplin, MO
Amarillo, TX
Lubbock, TX

I wonder if DTV America will add GetTV back in markets that lost it for Comet or AntennaTV?
(assuming they also have a station in that market) ;)
Most of these stations are affiliated with MNTV, Estrella, Antenna, DrTV, SonLife (I know who owns that.....Jimmy Swaggart), Telemundo, which you probably knew that already.....I almost caught a moment when I seen the call letters to the Lubbock one thinking it was KXKW but it was KLKW......

DTV affiliates with My Network and AntennaTV (shared) if there is none in the market. When they started (DTV America) DrTV by default was on the -2 but they are shying away from that and instead going with SBN.

The Minneapolis one is -1 Telemundo, -2 SBN and -2 HmongTV Network or HmongUSA (forget which one...we have two here. Big Hmong group in St Paul)

Reactions: localclassictvfan
DTV America was supposed to launch a MyNetwork affiliate (and probably with DrTV etc on subchannels) in Lafayette, IN, but now it seems like they've dropped the idea. Can't find anything on DTV America's website anymore.

DTV America was supposed to launch a MyNetwork affiliate (and probably with DrTV etc on subchannels) in Lafayette, IN, but now it seems like they've dropped the idea. Can't find anything on DTV America's website anymore.
They have a couple construction permits for stations
WUDP 31
WECY 35 (but no where near Lafayette...yet its licensed for it)

They have been moving almost all their Central Indiana licenses to an antenna farm near Zionsville/Indianapolis, and I bet this is just to prepare for the auction, figuring licenses in Indianapolis would be worth more than in the smaller communities they were originally from. Some of these long distances they have moved the TV licenses are equal to or worse than some of the FM translator moves that have been done.

DTV America added a new station in Kansas City, MO

KAJF-LD RF16 PSIP 21-2 has GetTv (21-1 is nothing)

Whats crazy is just up the road in St Joe there is ALSO a RF16 (which maps ALSO to 21-1) and its CW+.
So if you're between the two cities you may not get either station (due to interference)

Its funny some low rated dr tv adds get, grit, escape, and laff to its channels like a snap of a finger but GetTV has no knowledge of media general adding it to klfy. I tried contacting klfy and they said something is coming soon but have no idea. My tv ha had that blank test screen 10.2 for 2 months now. If Get has no knowledge then this must be a hoax or something. Just might as well add justice like they doing to the rest of some of the former livewell well. Not ugly or crying about it but its just make your mind up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)