GetTV adding a few more affiliates

You got it right Ice...I went back and get is on 21.2 KAJF-LD........we'll train him....
It was more of the rest of his post which had nothing to do with the topic that I was angry about.

It would be like when KLFY added GetTV you posted about what else they could add and how come Cox doesnt carry ________ or (if there is another option in the area) why _____ can carry thse channels or why a Sinclair station in the area (if there is one) doesnt have Comet as Sinclair owns it?

It was more of the rest of his post which had nothing to do with the topic that I was angry about.

It would be like when KLFY added GetTV you posted about what else they could add and how come Cox doesnt carry ________ or (if there is another option in the area) why _____ can carry thse channels or why a Sinclair station in the area (if there is one) doesnt have Comet as Sinclair owns it?
Yeah I see your point clearly

nope. MG gives technical, engineering and accounting advice to the CW & MY which are owned by someone else and run independently of CBS & FOX which is owned by MG.
Nexstar can opt to continue to help out as it woudlnt violate any FCC rules. Now if they sold advertising or ran the CW & MY then yes they would have to break it up

But technical and engineering advice? Thats like coming here asking how to get the most out of your antenna :)
Ok i got a better understanding of all the owners of stations and a different owner running it and the joint agreements now finally. Yeah asking how to get the most out of an antenna would be a little asking too much. I mean tvfool takes care of that basically, but its a funny response....

Yeah asking how to get the most out of an antenna would be a little asking too much. I mean tvfool takes care of that basically, but its a funny response....
OK you still don't get it.

I was using the comparison of what MG does for the CW & My in Albuquerque like what we do here for folks.
The owner of CW & My ask for advice from Media General on technical and engineering things. Thats all MG does. Unlike a JSA they don't help them run the station. They don't do commercials for them. They don't give them programming. Thats what a LMA/JSA is

When folks come here asking for advice on reception issues, we help them make a sound decision. We don't go to their house to install it. We don't sell the antennas to them. While TV Fool is nice, its not the gospel when it comes to real life situations. When I lived in my house the tvfool said I shouldn't be able to get the distant CBS station 72 miles away as it showed -10 on the N/M scale. Yet I was able to get the station about 97% of the time. Now according to the tvfool in my new location they say a simple indoor antenna will work as the N/M for the full power stations are all above +43 yet when I try my antennas indoors I get squat. When its out on the deck it works fine

Reactions: localclassictvfan
OK you still don't get it.

I was using the comparison of what MG does for the CW & My in Albuquerque like what we do here for folks.
The owner of CW & My ask for advice from Media General on technical and engineering things. Thats all MG does. Unlike a JSA they don't help them run the station. They don't do commercials for them. They don't give them programming. Thats what a LMA/JSA is

When folks come here asking for advice on reception issues, we help them make a sound decision. We don't go to their house to install it. We don't sell the antennas to them. While TV Fool is nice, its not the gospel when it comes to real life situations. When I lived in my house the tvfool said I shouldn't be able to get the distant CBS station 72 miles away as it showed -10 on the N/M scale. Yet I was able to get the station about 97% of the time. Now according to the tvfool in my new location they say a simple indoor antenna will work as the N/M for the full power stations are all above +43 yet when I try my antennas indoors I get squat. When its out on the deck it works fine
yeah got you now....

Per GetTV website A couple of Lafayette Louisiana cable providers have added GetTV...
Charter Cable 195 (church point, Opelousas)
LUS 18 and 117 (Lafayette City)...
Dish 373 (as everyone knows already)

cox cable has no plans to launch GetTV on 131 (LWN former slot) at this time. However you have the guide bar at the bottom showing but no picture on 131.

cox cable has no plans to launch GetTV on 131 (LWN former slot) at this time. However you have the guide bar at the bottom showing but no picture on 131.

Is 131 still in the guide? Or was it removed when LWN was removed? (or after that time)
If its still there is seems odd that they didnt plug in the new station. When we got Comet a week ago it took the cable slot of GetTV because cable carried "WUCWDT2" which was Get and now is Comet. Get is on WUCWDT4 which cable has yet to add (so some folks are mad)

Is 131 still in the guide? Or was it removed when LWN was removed? (or after that time)
If its still there is seems odd that they didnt plug in the new station. When we got Comet a week ago it took the cable slot of GetTV because cable carried "WUCWDT2" which was Get and now is Comet. Get is on WUCWDT4 which cable has yet to add (so some folks are mad)
131 is still in the lineup shows get tv guide but no picture....

almost sounds like Cox and MG have to reach an agreement to carry it...but seems odd that Cox kept the channel in the listings for so long after Live Well went off there.

almost sounds like Cox and MG have to reach an agreement to carry it...but seems odd that Cox kept the channel in the listings for so long after Live Well went off there.
Thats not the only station like that.
Bounce 130, grit 129, escape 128, wbxh 116 and 1016hd, and wbrz 1017hd are the same way too. Cox is nothing but a bag of garbage

It almost sounds like Cox is trying to combine lineups for a couple markets...and screwing it up (badly)

In most cases the only way you get an out of market subchannel is if they carry the station its on. Didnt you say they dropped KPLC NBC when they added the local one? If they carried the subs (Grit/Bounce) then they have to be dropped too

WBXH from wiki says its the My Network for Baton Rouge. Why would they carry it there when you already have a My affiliate?

It almost sounds like Cox is trying to combine lineups for a couple markets...and screwing it up (badly)

In most cases the only way you get an out of market subchannel is if they carry the station its on. Didnt you say they dropped KPLC NBC when they added the local one? If they carried the subs (Grit/Bounce) then they have to be dropped too

WBXH from wiki says its the My Network for Baton Rouge. Why would they carry it there when you already have a My affiliate?
According to COX: WBXH 116 and 1016 HD (Grit 128, Escape 129), and Get TV 131 were scheduled to launch in Lafayette soon and everyone in the Baton Rouge, Franklin/Patterson, Lutcher (Partially) and Lafayette markets were to go off the Baton Rouge cox lineup.....(that's from Channel 24 and beyond to 9000 whatever they have.....

Stations like Cox 9 (KDCG H&I), Cox 23 (KLWB MeTV) for Lafayette only to stay the same. Still waiting for them to launch (picture wise) Also 1017 WBRZ HD.....

According to a second cox report, The WLFT's and WBXH's and WAFB DT2 (Bounce) are all supposed to come on in the Lafayette market based on everyone getting Baton Rouge line up and since we get WAFB 9.1 on cox 18. Whenever that happens and I do not forget I'll let you know.....

Also Baton Rouge cox subscribers wanted the KDCG (COX Lafayette 9) because of the local programming and the H&I (which they can get OTA from KLWB).

However a good point to discuss why get rid of KPLC cox 7, Bounce cox 131, Grit Cox 132 (never launched) when you still have the baton rouge abc and cbs channels (cox 17 WBRZ, Cox 18 WAFB) still on your lineup and you have your local ABC (KATC) and CBS (KLFY) affiliate. Your right when KLAF was turned into an NBC affiliate they had to drop it when we asked Cox what about still having WBRZ and WAFB well they never answered back.

Supposingly July 1st all the channels in the 120's and 130's that have the guide bar but no picture will launch. We'll see...

However a good point to discuss why get rid of KPLC cox 7, Bounce cox 131, Grit Cox 132 (never launched) when you still have the baton rouge abc and cbs channels (cox 17 WBRZ, Cox 18 WAFB) still on your lineup and you have your local ABC (KATC) and CBS (KLFY) affiliate. Your right when KLAF was turned into an NBC affiliate they had to drop it when we asked Cox what about still having WBRZ and WAFB well they never answered back.
OK I'll get this part answered before I read the rest of the post. The FCC has listed stations which are considered significantly viewed stations in every county/parish in the US. The cable companies can carry out of market stations on the list. They can also carry stations NOT on the list but if the local affiliate (if there is one) requests it, the cable company can remove it or black out identical programming. Here is the list of SV stations as of 2010 (original date was 1972) for Lafayette Parish

KATC, 3, Lafayette, LA
KLFY-TV, 10, Lafayette, LA
KADN, 15, Lafayette, LA (formerly KLNI)
WBRZ, 2, Baton Rouge, LA
WAFB, 9, Baton Rouge, LA
+WVLA, 33, Baton Rouge, LA

So as you see there are 3 BR stations. Obviously when KLAF launched Nexstar got their co-owned WVLA removed. And since KPLC isnt on the list (but was carried) Nextsar got Cox to remove KPLC (and their subs) which they legally can do. Why does Cox still carry WBRZ & WAFB? Because they are legally allowed to. Now technically KATC & KLFY can ask for syndex exclusive, which would black out identical programming on WBRZ & WAFB (forcing you to watch the locals).

OK I'll get this part answered before I read the rest of the post. The FCC has listed stations which are considered significantly viewed stations in every county/parish in the US. The cable companies can carry out of market stations on the list. They can also carry stations NOT on the list but if the local affiliate (if there is one) requests it, the cable company can remove it or black out identical programming. Here is the list of SV stations as of 2010 (original date was 1972) for Lafayette Parish

KATC, 3, Lafayette, LA
KLFY-TV, 10, Lafayette, LA
KADN, 15, Lafayette, LA (formerly KLNI)
WBRZ, 2, Baton Rouge, LA
WAFB, 9, Baton Rouge, LA
+WVLA, 33, Baton Rouge, LA

So as you see there are 3 BR stations. Obviously when KLAF launched Nexstar got their co-owned WVLA removed. And since KPLC isnt on the list (but was carried) Nextsar got Cox to remove KPLC (and their subs) which they legally can do. Why does Cox still carry WBRZ & WAFB? Because they are legally allowed to. Now technically KATC & KLFY can ask for syndex exclusive, which would black out identical programming on WBRZ & WAFB (forcing you to watch the locals).
Yeah that's correct for the most part......

KRON 4.3 San Francisco has switched from Antenna TV to GetTV as of May 1.
Hopefully Antenna latches onto another channel. Meanwhile you have two GetTV. Which I assume your other one is on the Escape channel (Univision 14 San Fran). I have two This TV in my area. I find it hilarious when you have two channels showing the same programming whether both are owned by the same media group or not. Enjoy Get on the MG station. Hope Antenna gets back in your area quick Mr. Kenney

Reactions: larrykenney
KRON 4.3 San Francisco has switched from Antenna TV to GetTV as of May 1.
bummer...

well in Minneapolis I guess they dont care about the guide. As of Sunday afternoon the guide now says "sign off" and the PSIP info says the same

the station moved from WUCW-DT2 to a newly created -4 when Comet launched on 4/15

Last edited by a moderator:
well in Minneapolis I guess they dont care about the guide. As of Sunday afternoon the guide now says "sign off" and the PSIP info says the same

the station moved from WUCW-DT2 to a newly created -4 when Comet launched on 4/15
well after a quick call to the programming dept at WUCW now we have guide info. Zap2it fixed the guide this morning so a couple forced downloads from Tivo should fix that now :)
Now I can record some of the shows during the day

GetTV also has a new logo (bug) than what they had before

logo.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)