Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

It has been answered for you already, pay attention to what is posted.

I will answer again, yes it does, it also says it has to be on the go devices, which means tablet or phone has to be the out of home devices.

You cannot have ST on TVs in two different locations, so if you are at your cottage, you can watch it, the opposite is true also, if it in on in your home, no one can watvh it in your cottage.

Unless, at either location, you are on a ON the Go device.
I have not seen the description of a TO GO DEVICE ...

Is this Your rules or Youtube ...

Because it makes it a bit less enjoyable to share the passwords (ie only one place can have a big screen). If you are on the road, it sounds like you can watch it on your TV wherever you are. But if you are at home, you couldn't share the password with someone splitting the bill and both be able to watch on TV. Seems a very reasonable compromise.
I'm not doing either.

These rules fit what you guys want apparently ...
So if I am at the Cottage and the Wife is home, then we can't both watch the game, even though its the same account ...

Nevermind, I know whenever I ask questions, people just like to annoy me.
Whether its accurate or not.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
I'm not doing either.

So if I am at the Cottage and the Wife is home, then we can't both watch the game, even though its the same account ...

It's unlikely you'll have any issues playing it in 2 locations if you aren't password sharing, etc. It's more likely those reporting problems were not properly sharing (via family group) and/or doing something else they weren't admitting as part of their complaints on social media.

Reactions: Ronnie-
I'm not doing either.

Jimbo, I don’t think anyone is trying to annoy you, and I understand it can be confusing to a point, but I also think the question has been at least somewhat answered.

Nobody here makes the rules that google has in place, so I doubt anyone takes glee in any confusion to an answered question.

Perhaps some minor clarification is in order?

Basically as I understand it, google is basically saying no to the streaming equivalent of account stacking. Which most would agree is a good thing when dish or Directv does it?

But with streaming there are many devices to get a stream, so there are exceptions as to how they allow it outside of your home.

It seems to be a fair compromise imo.

Basically as I understand it, google is basically saying no to the streaming equivalent of account stacking. Which most would agree is a good thing when dish or Directv does it?

But with streaming there are many devices to get a stream, so there are exceptions as to how they allow it outside of your home.

It seems to be a fair compromise imo.

They even have an explicit way to allow it via the Google Family Group feature, which is mentioned on the Sunday Ticket support page.

Since they were able to remove the 'only 2 streams total' limitation after initial feedback, this implementation seems pretty generous and most who run afoul of this likely dost protest too much and are probably trying to do something they probably shouldn't be able to anyways (outright password sharing and/or not realizing the person(s) they're sharing with are doing other things to exceed these limits).

Reactions: ncted and Yespage
I just want to say, I am extremely happy having ST this year.

Reactions: Ronnie-
I just want to say, I am extremely happy having ST this year.
Same.

First time I have had it in years, and I am well pleased with it.

I wish this had been an option years ago, although I understood why it was not.

From Cord Cutters-

The best news for Google was 41% of NFL Sunday Ticket subscribers were also new YouTube TV customers. That works out to be about 533,000 new YouTube TV customers.

So DirecTV lost about 12-13 Million subscribers since they signed their last deal with the NFL for Sunday Ticket for 2017-2022, only had 1.2 Million subbing to it ( wonder how many paid vs giving away).

While YTTV gains subs, probably from DirecTV subs moving over.

Good first steps, next year should be better, Google really needs to up the marketing for ST, I found it quite lacking this year.

non-paywall version of the source article - which itself is using Antenna as a source. Their estimate is based off of a panel of users it monitors.

non-paywall version of the source article - which itself is using Antenna as a source. Their estimate is based off of a panel of users it monitors.

So basically a survey…..yech.

I prefer the real numbers, like from Leichtman Research Group, who are the most accurate right now.

Good grief

1.3 million is much much better than 1.2 million said nobody ever in the history of mankind
Plus the 500,000 new YTTV subscribers, which is better then the average 500,000 subs DirecTV was losing about every quarter during the last five years it had ST.

Plus the 500,000 new YTTV subscribers, which is better then the average 500,000 subs DirecTV was losing about every quarter during the last five years it had ST.
I was expecting 3 million atleast but I guess it's just too expensive

I was expecting 3 million atleast but I guess it's just too expensive
Ok, DirecTV was losing 2 million subs a year and only 1.2 Million ST customers ( not all paying), YTTV picks up 500,000 and 1.3 Million ( all paid) without really marketing it until almost the season starts, you try to make that into a negative.

I am going to wait a year before making a judgement if it will be a success or not.

Look at Amazon with TNF, it took a year to understand it was only on Prime, now the ratings are much higher then last year, the first year.

Ok, DirecTV was losing 2 million subs a year and only 1.2 Million ST customers ( not all paying), YTTV picks up 500,000 and 1.3 Million ( all paid) without really marketing it until almost the season starts, you try to make that into a negative.

I am going to wait a year before making a judgement if it will be a success or not.

Look at Amazon with TNF, it took a year to understand it was only on Prime, now the ratings are much higher then last year, the first year.
That's was the final year...there are others here that put the expected participation rate about 2 million...at the end of the day..high cost did doom pay TV in general..and relocating pay TV to another delivery method does not seem to be the golden ticket...as far as youtube tv...no contract..those customers can cancel at will..so there may not be a long term benefit ...directv atleast was smart enough to require a 2 year contract