Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

Reactions: Jimbo
It went from $350 list price on D* last year, to $450ish list price on YT this year ...
But your comparison price is a stand alone product vs your listed price with service.

If you have YTTV, the price is not $450, its $299 or $339, which is cheaper than what directv sold it for.

I used to laugh at some of the posters here, not you Jimbo, that kept posting that the Sunday Ticket deal was going to bankrupt Google.

This is a company that has a $1.7 Trillion Market Cap and is sitting on $150 Billion in cash right now, it is like pocket change.
Was watching something yesterday, they said just from the Google search engine they make 257 Billion a year.

It went from $350 list price on D* last year, to $450ish list price on YT this year ... Where are we going, $6-700 in a few years .... for maybe 12 games in a year, if you get it for just your team ... (most teams are on National at least a few times a year) ...
I looked it up, last year was $293.94 and the max plan was $395.99.

Until Friday it is $399 and $439.

But the early bird price was $349 ($50 more roughly) and $389, which was less then DirecTV’s price.

Was watching something yesterday, they said just from the Google search engine they make 257 Billion a year.
Yep, why this experiment in Live TV and Sunday Ticket is like pocket change to them.

And it is not like they do not have subscribers, so they are making money on it, do not know if it is enough to be profitable.

At a sports bar for this mornings games, YTTV is only 6-9 seconds behind the Everpass/DirecTV feed.
Your at a Sports bar watching YTTV, YTTV is available to Sports Bars ?

Or are you watching on your phone ?
Which would bring a whole other equation into the question ...

Is the signal over a TV for YTTV coming at the same time as for one watching over a Cellular signal ????

I'm just curious.

Is the signal over a TV for YTTV coming at the same time as for one watching over a Cellular signal ????
Could be wi-fi if the Sports Bar has good service.

YT ST Multiple Streams not working.

YT ST Multiple Streams not working.
Reading that and the tweets under it, looks like a lot of password sharing going on, most of those messages involve watching outside the home, not on a tablet/phone, but on a TV.

Reactions: ncted