Google Scores NFL Sunday Ticket Package

If you had YTTV, you would not have that problem.

If you wish to be mad about that, be upset at DirecTV, they choose not to bid on ST.
I Don't blame D* at all, why would you bid for something that your losing money with when your company is going down hill ???
You wouldn't ...

I Don't blame D* at all, why would you bid for something that your losing money with when your company is going down hill ???
You wouldn't ...
D* knew they wouldn't gain enough customers at the NFLs price point to make it worth 2 or 3 billion

D* knew they wouldn't gain enough customers at the NFLs price point to make it worth 2 or 3 billion
AT&T would never do a deal like that anyways ... they are way too stingy.
The only reason we are where we are now is they were already under contract when they took over.
The fact that they never made any new equipment while they held it 100 % tells you where they are going.

AT&T would never do a deal like that anyways ... they are way too stingy.
The only reason we are where we are now is they were already under contract when they took over.
The fact that they never made any new equipment while they held it 100 % tells you where they are going.
Att and Echostar made great equipment together...Att just merged with the wrong satellite company..that was the mistake

So no issues, delays the same as cable/satellite and no crash of the server, on a free weekend where there would be a lot more streaming it.

Who could have thunk it.

A few here, myself, meStevo, etc kept trying to be logical by using the example of Google owns YouTube, which has over a billion hours streamed everyday, of course they were going to handle it.

Noticed I am not naming those naysayers, because a certain one keeps reporting me.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Bobby and meStevo
So no issues, delays the same as cable/satellite and no crash of the server, on a free weekend where there would be a lot more streaming it.

Who could have thunk it.

A few here, myself, meStevo, etc kept trying to be logical by using the example of Google owns YouTube, which has over a billion hours streamed everyday, of course they were going to be able it.

Noticed I am not naming those naysayers, because a certain one keeps reporting me.
Over all, I was pleased to see this work as well as it did ...
Thankfully Verizon Did get thier sh*t together long enough to complete the activation for ST, it took forever, but it did work.

As for the delays, theres always going to be some delay, minimizing it is the priority.

The person writing the article said 23 seconds or more ???
Thats 2 or 3 PLAYS ....

Thats a LOT.

Wonder how the thieves feel about it, oh wait, I mean the Gamblers.

Short of Buying YTTV, wish there was a better way to jump between games (Local vs Streaming)

Reactions: Yespage
I was assured this wasn't possible and shares in Alphabet have presumably plummeted this morning and emergency crews are busy cleaning up the ashes from the outraged customers.

Or maybe the naysayers will indicate that clearly Sunday Ticket was a failure to get subscribers, which is why it worked so well. Blah blah $2 to 3 billion.

• Haha
Reactions: meStevo
I was assured this wasn't possible and shares in Alphabet have presumably plummeted this morning and emergency crews are busy cleaning up the ashes from the outraged customers.

Or maybe the naysayers will indicate that clearly Sunday Ticket was a failure to get subscribers, which is why it worked so well. Blah blah $2 to 3 billion.
There seem to be a couple of posters that have been quite quiet on this subject, strange since they were so vocal before.

Reactions: Bobby
23 seconds is at most 1 play and is comparable to non-OTA broadcast delays.
I would note, 23 seconds sounds quite "excessive". The worst I've noticed with 3 or maybe even 5 seconds, but that was very rare. Though, if it was 23 seconds, definitely long enough to become the premise of a new modern The Sting motion picture.

I would note, 23 seconds sounds quite "excessive". The worst I've noticed with 3 or maybe even 5 seconds, but that was very rare. Though, if it was 23 seconds, definitely long enough to become the premise of a new modern The Sting motion picture.

I've actually used these delays to quell anxiety in the past, funny enough. Could refresh Twitter moments before the snap to get spoiled, and then watch it unfold myself. Dumb, but was something I'd do.

23 seconds 1 play ??????
Not if its at the end of a half.
Even at the end of the MNF game last night, it took about 7 seconds between plays, plus 5 seconds per play, so I'd say 2 plays at most, but still, that is the same as satellite or better which is what we had before.

No numbers mentioned
Do you Have numbers for them ?

Comparing it to D*'s LAST year, doesn't prove anything, everyone knew it was leaving and subs were down ... if they want to look they should look when it was in its hey day (or the middle of the duration) ...

Seeing EVERYONE in the country has the internet and are able to get ST, whatever numbers they have should be More than D* ever had.

Comparing it to D*'s LAST year, doesn't prove anything, everyone knew it was leaving and subs were down ... if they want to look they should look when it was in its hey day (or the middle of the duration) ...

Seeing EVERYONE in the country has the internet and are able to get ST, whatever numbers they have should be More than D* ever had.
They need to double or triple the numbers to make a profit...thats what to watch for

Not what we were being sold here over, and over and over... something to the tune of 'everyone who wants Sunday Ticket already has it' while replying to people who didn't have ST and have it now only because it's not on DirecTV.