Google TV

psuJC

Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Scranton, PA
Will google tv work with the hopper? I'm assuming it wont have direct integration like the 722k, but will it work through the IR codes?

So anyone actually try their google tv with the hopper? I need my google tv but dont need the direct integration. I just need to know if the google tv can control the receiver through the ir blaster.

psuJC said:
So anyone actually try their google tv with the hopper? I need my google tv but dont need the direct integration. I just need to know if the google tv can control the receiver through the ir blaster.

My install is tomorrow, so I'll find out then. I'm coming from a 922. I've never had integration, so nothing will change on that end. I don't see how it wouldn't work since it controlled the 922.

out of curiosity what do you use it the most for? i ask because no matter how hard i try i can't seem to find anything that really makes it worth bothering with

I primarily use it for bluray, netflix, HBOgo, videos from my pc and starcraft 2 tournies. The big advantage is it doesn't require input switching (big one for the wife), i just pick up the remote and go (I have the sony one, with bluray). The other nice thing is I can type in the name of a movie or whatever and it'll find it, either on dish, amazon, netflix, hbo, etc.

i use it all the time and I've read about problems with it and mororola boxes so it doesn't universally work... and all the reponses from dish so far is it won't. What i think is it'll work but the direct integration wont, which is fine. I'm hoping someone took the plunge because i cant commit to the cost or contract before knowing it works.

Does anyone have dvr services working with revue remote. I tried sending ir with ir disabled and enabled. I'm currently using it with some super110 ir's but has no dvr features.

Installer told me it won't work at all, as in pass the video. I knew better but I unhooked it anyway. Once he left I hooked it back up and am able to see video and the DVR button works on the keyboard. Had it set up with the 722 before and didn't change anything.

angel614 said:
Does anyone have dvr services working with revue remote. I tried sending ir with ir disabled and enabled. I'm currently using it with some super110 ir's but has no dvr features.

They work for me.

I got it!

I finally got my revue working on hopper with dvr function.
setup box manually type in vip 922. vip 922 will come up select yes. that should do it.

angel614 said:
How did you set it up? Step by step if you don't mind. Thank you in advance.

I didn't make any changes. It was currently hooked up to a 922. This is probably why mine worked right out of the gate. The Hopper and the 922 are very similar.

Is that the only way? This might explain why I can't control my 722, since the GTV is in my family room, while my 722 is in the basement.
I'm not 100% sure. But, if you pay the $4/mo integration fee, it may control it via your LAN. So, you might be able to control it remotely that way. Of course, you will have to decide whether it's worth $4/mo for that.

Personally, I think the GTV integration fee is for suckers. But, in your case, there would actually be some value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)