Guide hangup

tomeckle

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2005
Central Coast of California
Currently experiencing program guide hangup...for about a week. I am wired through a monster surge protector, have been for several years without issue, now all of a sudden the guide download hangs from early morning until I discover it sometimes 12 hours later

This AM when I noticed the hang up, just powered the 622 on and hit select button and all works fine. Apparently this hangup will interfere with all timers until one manually resets or reboots or???. This problem seemed to occur simultaneously with the new software release L4.47.

Are others having the similar problem? Does anyone have solution? Someone on another forum has suggested the monster power strip is the culprit, but I fail to see how this can be true. Anyone discovered a solution other than bypassing the surge protector.
I am posting this issue here to see if more people will respond. Sorry if this violates some protocol.
Thanks

guide hangup fixed?

Mysteriously for the last 2 days my 622 has returned to normal functioning. I suspect but do not know a software update was both the culprit and the cure. I am not sure why my machine was impacted but it is almost 3 years old so maybe that has something to do with it and it needs replaced.
thanks Tom

Guide hangup this AM. message 330. Called Dish and the CSR insists it is a signal strength issue and is sending a repair person on Friday. Any suggestions on how to handle telling the installer the problem so a mnimum amount of time is wasted.
I have 2 DVR's connected to the LNB the 622 has the problem, the 522 works fine. So it seems to me that the problem is likely in the DVR or wiring to the 622 DVR. Any assistance appreciated
tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)