Guide info gets hosed up in my 811

slimrw

Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Hi
First time at posting a message. I have been having trouble with the guide function in my 811. the reload message comes up and appears to process OK but no guide info. my current problem occurs when i hit guide to switch favorites nothing happens I'm locked into the function. I've tried powering off the 811, powering off when viewing a local ota channel and nothing works. any ideas?
Slimrrw

Have you done a HARD reset - unplug it for at least 30 seconds then plug it back up and restart?

"Most" of the time a soft reset will fix it on my 811. Hold the power button on the 811 down until it reboots. Just pressing it momentarily to turn it off will NOT work, this just turns it off and on, you need to actually reboot the software by holding the button (about 3 seconds). What a PoS this reciever is. UGH!

ravensong said:
"Most" of the time a soft reset will fix it on my 811. Hold the power button on the 811 down until it reboots. Just pressing it momentarily to turn it off will NOT work, this just turns it off and on, you need to actually reboot the software by holding the button (about 3 seconds). What a PoS this reciever is. UGH!
This is a typical 811 problem. I have it too. Soft boot and check switch seems to work.

this is a daily thing with me. I have to reset the damn thing almost everyday. Everytime I watch my locals in HD.