H20 receiver without HD progamming??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
I need a receiver that has Dolby 5.1 and an RF remote. The H2 has my requirements, but I don't want or need HD. If I purchase this receiver, will I be charged for HD progamming? Or can I just get regular programing and still be able to get Dolby 5.1 on such channels as HBO? I was told conflicting answers to my questions.
I know there are other receivers that can do what I want, but not at $99. Thank-you

Last edited:
Carta said:
I need a receiver that has Dolby 5.1 and an RF remote. The H2 has my requirements, but I don't want or need HD. If I purchase this receiver, will I be charged for HD progamming? Or can I just get regular programing and still be able to get Dolby 5.1 on such channels as HBO? I was told conflicting answers to my questions.
I know there are other receivers that can do what I want, but not at $99. Thank-you

Yes the H10 and H20 are both RF remotes and Dolby digital outputs and no
you don't need to subscribe to the HD package for them to work and pass
thru DD 5.1 on programs like HBO. One caution however, to receive the rebates
D* requires you to subscribe to the HD package.

Thanks TulsaCoker, That's what i thought, but a salesman @ Circuit City told me i wouldn't receive the signal without paying for HD package.

Carta said:
Thanks TulsaCoker, That's what i thought, but a salesman @ Circuit City told me i wouldn't receive the signal without paying for HD package.

Well you won't receive the HD signal but the receiver will work for evrything you subcribe to.
The nice thing is hooking up a antenna you will receive local HD for free. I for many years I had only Starz and got the DD signal through to my receiver to decode.

Last edited:
Carta said:
3 words should have been a clue that you were not getting the right answer. CLERK CIRCUIT CITY

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts