Hands-On with Panasonic's 2011 Blu-ray Players (at CES)

Read that yesterday. I'll probably be going with the 210 if dual outs are the only difference. Don't need them.

S~

Now if they'd make one that opens, takes out the disc, puts it in the case/folder, walks it to the mailbox, etc. so I don't have to et off my b***, I'd be happy. Oh wait, that's what kids are for.

S~

Now if they'd make one that opens, takes out the disc, puts it in the case/folder, walks it to the mailbox, etc. so I don't have to et off my b***, I'd be happy. Oh wait, that's what kids are for.

S~

They do have that already. It's called streaming HD DD5.1. And the US mail works at the speed of light. :)

Talked to Robert at Value Electronics. Should have my BDT210 in early March. Gonna go ahead and get it so I can play around with it. 310 looks to be a tad bit later.

2011 Panasonic Blu-ray Player Prices Revealed

At a MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) ot $149.99, the least expensive Blu-ray 3D option is the DMP-BDT110 Blu-ray 3D Player.

Nestled right in the middle is the DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray 3D Player. This player includes all of the same features as the DMP-BDT110, but also has integrated 802.11n Wi-Fi, a "touch-free sensor" for easy disc tray opening, and tube sound effects. The DMP-BDT210 is listed with a MAP of $199.99,

The cream of Panasonic's 2011 crop is the DMP-BDT310 Blu-ray 3D Player. This model includes all of the same features listed above, but throws in dual HDMI outputs for compatibility with pre-3D HDMI receivers. Isn't that nice of them? That kind of convenience should cost around $249.99 (MAP), although Amazon has it available for pre-order now for $219.99 shipped.

Source: Big Picture Big Sound

Great pricing IMO

They have the 210 priced for 183.99 and the 110 for 143.99 as well. Must have just listed them as they weren't there on Sunday.

S~

The 110 sounds like a steal to me. Not sure what the 210 would offer that I would need as far as performance goes. Main difference I see is touch panel and tube sound effects (what does that mean?). And wifi, which might be worth the step up. I do have cat5 ran everywhere though.

I wire everything, including my HT, so the wifi is not worth it to me. Probably looking at the 110. I need a better second player and have been happy with my BD-60.

Not right away though. I anticipate it dropping in price to the $100-110 level by early summer.

They were only listed as "Not yet available. Sign up to be notified" No description, no price and no pre-orders, so it really wasn't that much of a change.

I expect it will be back as a true pre-order in a short time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)