Has anyone noticed the new 722k DVR menu?

Anyone else having wierd issues like these?
I've had to reboot the thing a few times since the new software...once to deal with skipping, once because the system locked up and wouldn't take remote input, and then this morning all channels showed nothing but a black screen and attempts at playback were also all black, with the program lengths along the lines of 100,000 minutes.

Not a big fan of this software "upgrade".

All I'm asking for is that service not be degraded without our consent. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

I've had to reboot the thing a few times since the new software...once to deal with skipping, once because the system locked up and wouldn't take remote input, and then this morning all channels showed nothing but a black screen and attempts at playback were also all black, with the program lengths along the lines of 100,000 minutes.

Not a big fan of this software "upgrade".

All I'm asking for is that service not be degraded without our consent. I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Yeah, they need to roll this one back.

I've had more reboots than I can stand over the past few days. I'll be hitting Dish up on all channels (Twitter, CEO, CSR, etc.) to make sure they know about this.

Well my download must not be complete yet (must be a HUGE update to last more than a week :) because my damn VIP722k still has the good old lockup. Turned on TV2 last night and whamo, frozen with no remote input! Went downstairs, yep TV1 also frozen. Pulled power cord and waited.... and waited.... and waited. Plugged it back in, all is good, until I try it tonight.
This update sucks! I'm calling today about it and atleast demanding a credit on my next bill!!!!!

-Scott

in preferences turn off enhancemets.

Thanks. What's odd is that the receiver was already running with enhancements off before the "upgrade," and I didn't think to look and check. Oddly, the ads suddenly went away by themselves and have not returned. Enhancements are off now, but I certainly never toggled that setting.

I have had several lockup and reboots with my 722K. It has only happened when I was adding or editing timers and I got too quick in selecting steps.

Ever since the new menu appeared on my DVR it restarts constantly. I can't watch a 30 minute program without it locking up and restarting. Is the software the cause of this? It does it in live tv, but more often with a recorded program. Dish sent me a new DVR, but now it's doing the same thing. I thought it might be overheating so I hooked a fan up next to it and set it up on coasters. Still restarting. Getting annoying. Any suggestions?

Ever since the new menu appeared on my DVR it restarts constantly. I can't watch a 30 minute program without it locking up and restarting. Is the software the cause of this? It does it in live tv, but more often with a recorded program. Dish sent me a new DVR, but now it's doing the same thing. I thought it might be overheating so I hooked a fan up next to it and set it up on coasters. Still restarting. Getting annoying. Any suggestions?

Sounds like the HDD is going bad. Mine has rebooted once other than the times set since the update. Just that 1 made me nervous so I've moved movies to my ext HDD. I left the series alone in that they will have the next show w/ most having "previously on" so don't figure I will miss much. I also backed up my timers to the remote too.

I was having near daily lockup problems that seemed to start around the time of the update. I think the problem I've been having is caused by how my system is connected to my TV. I had it connected to a HDMI autoswitch, so I could turn on my XBox 360 and have it automatically switch signals. The Dish DVR would frequently lock up after the Xbox was turned off and the HDMI switch changed back to the DVR. I've had things set up like this for quite a while and it wasn't until after the update that I noticed any problems, but it could be a coincidence. I switched to having the DVR connected directly to the TV and for the past few days I've been lockup free. I've heard of HDMI causing things to crash before, but had never experienced it until now. I'm wondering if the majority of people having problem are hooked up with HDMI.

Did I ask for an upgrade?

On computers, programs alert you when there is a new version out, and ask you if you want to upgrade to the latest release.

Did dish ask me? hell no

They want to simplify their support by having everyone, or nearly so, with a particular model on the same s/w.

Did I ask for an upgrade?

On computers, programs alert you when there is a new version out, and ask you if you want to upgrade to the latest release.

Did dish ask me? hell no

What is the big deal? So there are four movie titles up, but you're going to press DVR almost instantly to get to your recordings, so....?????

Well after I try my 3rd 722k (that is on its way) and it locks up like I know it will, I will be leaving Dish for either Direct or back to comcast (yuck)!!!

Well after I try my 3rd 722k (that is on its way) and it locks up like I know it will, I will be leaving Dish for either Direct or back to comcast (yuck)!!!

If you've gone through 2 722k receivers and are still locking up, you may have an issue that isn't caused by the 722k. Nearly all reports are how good it is, not how bad. Mine is over 2 years old and rock solid.

Well, except for the OTA lost signal bug! What an irritant!! http://cdn.satguys.us/images/smilies/rant2.gif

Yep, there's more than likely a problem on your end. Is it in a WELL VENTILATED area, not stacked on or upon? Or Have you put a small fan nearby? I'm about 16 months on mine a NO problems. Sits less than two feet from a cold air return, and sitting on 1" wood blocks. USB fan pulling air out from under.

What is the big deal? So there are four movie titles up, but you're going to press DVR almost instantly to get to your recordings, so....?????

I just checked things out some more.

The big deal is the PPV movies are for sale. I thought the DVR was for Digital Video Recording. I did not record these PPV movies. OK, so I have some cool "on demand" stuff on my DVR. Wrong. This "spam" is for sale at $6.99 each. I've been with E* for 5 years, I've never ordered PPV or special events. They should see my account profile listing, and know that I do not watch PPV.

It's an extra "key stroke" on my remote. Old release, I pressed "DVR" once. Now I have to press "DVR" two times. One to get to the "spam" menu, and one to get to my recordings.

Last is temptation. Guest or family members could shout out "Oh wow! The new Matt Damon movie! Let's order that on PPV right now...."
I do not order PPV, I do not want the 'temptation to be there.
What if I'm drunk and I press those PPV icons on accident? I could not cancel the PPV, I would have bought it. :tux: / :thumbdown:

Other part is change. I like my routines and stuff to be a like. I'm fine with the old release, I don't want to change.

- * - * not ranting or bitching to you. just answered honestly what my problems were - * - *

:)

I do not order PPV, I do not want the 'temptation to be there. What if I'm drunk and I press those PPV icons on accident?
Don't get that drunk! ;) Seriously what I did was called up Dish and asked for them to set my PPV credit limit to $0. This solves the problem of unintended purchases whether by drunkenness, the neighbors or kids, or software bugs which is what hit me. You are still looking at the darn icons, but at least you you have one less thing to worry about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)