Has anyone purchased from Dishdepot.com?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
A friend is interested in getting a DVR receiver. I told him I would just get a 501/508/721 to avoid the DVR fee....I looked on Ebay, but, FOR SOME ODD REASON Dish receivers are selling for a lot more than they are worth!

I looked around and saw Dishdepot.com. They have the 501 for $149 with free shipping.... seems to good to be true. I was wondering if anyone had ever used them before?

I know everyone loves the ones who support this forum, and I would love to purchase something from them, but I looked and was unable to find any selling the 501/508 receivers.

Thanks!!

I have made 2 purchases from them. My original 5000 w/mod, and a 501. Not a single problem. Items came quickly. Great price when compared to Ebay.

I have made several purchases from them over the last few years. I would definitely NOT hesitate to use them again. Great service and great prices.

See what the DISHStore.net will do. Claude may be able to get you a good deal there! :D

Just be carefull on the 501's as they are probably remanufactured units. DishStore was selling them however stopped because so many of the units did not work when the customer got them. (so much for QC in the remanufacturing process)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just be carefull on the 501's as they are probably remanufactured units. DishStore was selling them however stopped because so many of the units did not work when the customer got them. (so much for QC in the remanufacturing process)

Scott,

We actually didn't have very many issues with 501's The reason why we do not stock any at this time is because DISH is completely sold out of them.

The ones Dish Depot has in stock are probably from customer trade ins and then they sent them off to Dish to get remanufactured.

I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but we might be having some 721's, 501's and 508's available next week.

Last time I checked I had (4) 721', (2) 501's and (2) 508's coming from DISH next week from the RA Department that will be factory referbished.

The original 501's were very durable.

I have one cistomer who has had one since August 2000, and he tells me that it has never been serviced, and it is still going strong.

I ended up getting my friend a 625....I emailed Dish and they verfied that I could add a purchased 625, no problem. yes, I saved the email for when India tells me I can't.

He has a phone line, so there will be no add'l outlet fee. I explained to him he could dump his 3900 and it would be like having a new receiver for both rooms.

I know there will still be the $5.98 DVR fee, but he will not have to pay the $5 add'l outlet fee.

I think we all know why the 501/508/510 receivers are selling for more than the 625, and it makes me sick!

On a good note.....maybe some people might want to sell their 301s, they are going for about $90, and upgrade to a 625! For the price of 2 301s, you could almost buy a 522 or a 625!! Nice upgrade!!!

Back in 2003, I sold a 301 and a 3900 and bought a 721.

I have done many many trade ins for all my latest receivers from Mark at Dishdepot.com in the last 4 years. There is No tax on any purchase made online unless you live in Florida. I have bought many lnbs, dishes and even the latest dish 1000 . I can't say enough good things about dishdepot.

I purchased a 508 a several months ago from Dish Depot. I traded in an old receiver. I was very satisfied with the whole deal. No problems at all and I would order again from them if I need to!

I get a lot better service from Dish Depot even though they are 1100 miles away from me, than I do some of the other "popular" dealers that are closer to me, even in the same state! Mark does an excellent job at Dish Depot, in fact he just got another order from me today! :)

I haven't bought from them in a few years due to E* cutting the middle man out with their upgrades lately.....

3 cases of dealing with them 3-4 years ago. All of my experiences were positive. I had a dead Dishplayer sent to me, and they sent me a replacement within 48 hours AND loaded the initial software download for me (which at the time was a pain since you had to do a SW64 bypass and load it directly off of the 119 feed). Ha, and you guys thought we have it tough NOW.....

I ordered one of my 211s from DishDepot -- this was before DishStore had the 211s available. I got excellent service from them; just as I would expect from DishStore.

Cheers,

I purchased my original system from DishDepot along with several other receivers and parts, I have always received great service. I can also highly recommend Dishstore, always excellent service and prices.

NightRyder

rdinkel said:
One real plus is that DishDepot always includes free shipping.
Which is always great when ordering smaller cheap items.
I needed an 'I' bracket a couple months ago, and ordered it from Mark, and got it in a couple days. Order from most other places and the shipping would have been almost as much as the part.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)