HBO Max/Discovery+ Merger

I said I was done, but I can't let this one pass. Because it so clearly shows that you don't understand how taxes work. A write-off of an asset (in this case Batgirl) does not result in a tax CREDIT. It is a reduction to their taxable income just like all of their expenses. So as savarese04 correctly pointed out, this means you take their overall revenue minus all of their expenses to get taxable income. Then you multiply that by the tax rate. So if their tax rate is 21% then they get a tax benefit of $21m not $100m (which they would have received anyway over the life of the asset).

Hence why I asked the question, any tax knowledge I learned when going for my degree is long gone from my brain.

But you finally answered, they do get a tax benefit /write-off when they pull content, which is all I have posted.
Can I just say, watching people argue endlessly about tax minutiae is the highlight of my day. Really, please keep it going, so I don't have to spend all my time watching paint dry.

Bruce - I just want to point out that there is no hostile intent here. I think you're a good dude and generally agree with most of your takes. Most of this is simply an attempt at education gone askew. No one is trying to put words in your mouth.
The only problem I had with your post was when you brought up
Corporate taxes do not work like personal taxes.
I never even posted anything close to that, both of you were answering questions I never asked.

All I posted was they were receiving Tax Benefits/Write Offs for shelving content.

My main problem was with the other guy, who kept giving me different answers to the above statement, mostly to questions I never asked, from you are wrong, to the rules are loose, to there are some tax benefits, that is not how income works, there are no write offs, there are write offs, every one of his posts contradicts what the other said.

Then in his last post, after saying there are no benefits/write offs in all his responses, this-
then they get a tax benefit
Read thru his posts, all different answers, my other problem is where he is being so condescending with his answers because I am trying to understand the tax code on this particular thing.

I do not know all the answers, just like he does not know all the things I know ( and learned) with my employment, which deals with statistics and analytics, in more simple terms, trends on where this business is going.

What I was taught about business and taxes when I was going for my degree more then 30 years ago, I remember nothing about it, not one of my jobs since then has had anything to do with taxes, except when I pay others to do them.
My only point is that you keep posting links from news articles as your counter argument that these are magical tax credit "write-offs" and that nobody has posted anything to counter those. That's a fair point, but you have to realize nobody wants to copy and paste the tax code lol.

While these articles are factually correct on the surface,
This is why I am getting a little peeved, after reading all of (mostly) his responses , telling me I am wrong, I do not understand, other responses that were trying to put me down , you say the links I posted were correct.
you can't depend on outlets like indiewire and hollywood reporter to properly outline the correct tax structure being used here.
Should never dismiss news stories, because you do not know who/what experts they have talked to, for example, from one of my links-

"By shelving the Batgirl film, Warner Bros. will be able to reduce the loss incurred in producing Batgirl against its net income from other movies. Thus, the loss from Batgirl will reduce taxable income," James M. Bandoblu, Jr., a partner at New York-based law firm Hodgson Russ, told Newsweek.

Bandoblu, who is also head of his firm's tax dispute resolution practice.

If any of this sounds a little off, I typed it while on my LifeCycle, hard to focus while posting, peddling and watching business news all at the same time.

Can I just say, watching people argue endlessly about tax minutiae is the highlight of my day. Really, please keep it going, so I don't have to spend all my time watching paint dry.
Then do not read the post I made after yours.

And I am done with it, tired of reading I am wrong, I am correct, somewhat correct, somewhat wrong, etc.

Not an English department.
Thought there was rules about personal attacks here at this site.

I have no idea who you are, so I have to wonder why you have decided to make me a target.

Thought there was rules about personal attacks here at this site.

I have no idea who you are, so I have to wonder why you have decided to make me a target.

You were calling out misspellings, (though “weather” was spelled correctly, it was the wrong word) so I thought it was okay. That’s all I was doing.

I have been checking various Max programs to make sure I haven’t lost Dolby Vision/Atmos. Once that changes, I’ll probably cancel my sub through DIRECTV and add the Ultimate tier for a month to catch up on shows from time to time.

You were calling out misspellings, (though “weather” was spelled correctly, it was the wrong word) so I thought it was okay. That’s all I was doing.
Misspellings basically became a thing of the past with spellchecking software apps. Now it's usages of wrong but correctly spelled soundalike words. That will leave it to AI as to whether you mean weather, wether (a castrati goat) or whether.

Reactions: Foxbat
Warner is continuing to sell shows that were exclusively on MAX ( and CBS till the middle of next year)-

I do wonder if their quick need for cash will affect the future.

Netflix has proven that with exclusives, they will come.