HBO now $18?

So you are saying HBO's contract with Dish is the exact same timing as Direct TV?

I'm not exactly saying that,I would like to know if that is indeed the case.Typically all rate increases or the vast majority come at the same time,around Feb.Maybe Dish just decided to raise the rates early.

As with most anything...... :)

With the limited sample here, it very well may be HBO is going to see a drop in subcriptions. I am in minoriy it looks like.

I am keeping mine. I think it's ridiculous to cost as much as it does, but having hbo go available for the kids and wife is really nice. I love GOT, Real Time, and The Newsroom. The wife loves True Blood. At some point it's gonna have to go if it keeps going up, but at least for now it stays.

thechaz05 said:
Are you saying that each package is $20? If so, that's nuts.

Yes. Each package is $20 a piece. Unless you are a new customer and have a deal. But once that's up, it's $20 for each premium package. And, The Movie Channel is not part of the Showtime package. Only perk is Encore package comes with digital basic.

Oh and that $20 quote was from 2009 when I convinced the wife that Comcast was a rip off for tv. As she wanted to drop Dish and go back to having everything bundled. I would bet it's still the same or higher now.

Last edited:
The Fat Man said:
Yes. Each package is $20 a piece. Unless you are a new customer and have a deal. But once that's up, it's $20 for each premium package. And, The Movie Channel is not part of the Showtime package. Only perk is Encore package comes with digital basic.

Oh and that $20 quote was from 2009 when I convinced the wife that Comcast was a rip off for tv. As she wanted to drop Dish and go back to having everything bundled. I would bet it's still the same or higher now.

That is insane

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Further more, AT THE TIME, Comcast wouldn't provide me any deal to add tv, because I was an existing phone and internet customer. Since then I received mailers giving me offers. But I would say about $40 to $50 a month for one year, then pay $30 to $40 more if I wanted the channels I get with Dish (Cinemax, and The Movie Channel). Remember, Encore comes with the tv service and there is NO Epix on Comcast.

STARZ Streaming

Hooper died

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts