HBO went out...any others?

72 is back here as well. Nice that it was a temporary glitch but would be interesting to know what happened. What is the over/under for when the compensation thread starts? :)

Wonder if someone flipped the wrong switch. Here in went out at almost exactly 8PM EDT.

pulling-the-plug2.jpg

72 is back here as well. Nice that it was a temporary glitch but would be interesting to know what happened. What is the over/under for when the compensation thread starts? :)

We've calculated your time without service to 2.6 cents, which we will happily round up to 3 cents. You'll see that credit on your next bill. :D

Seriously, though, I was surprised to see people posting that you got error codes like 11-12-11 and 11-11-11 for that. I would have expected the outage slate screen and/or the 536 error screen (same message on the screen, mostly). I don't have my signal code cheat sheet here, but if I remember right, the first digit being a 1 says the receiver is not talking to the dish antenna, which would surprise me.

Ohh jesus... the last time it went out several techs in my office all got multiple trouble calls from recent installs. Dish will not remove the damn things either so it hurts their pay.

I don't have my signal code cheat sheet here, but if I remember right, the first digit being a 1 says the receiver is not talking to the dish antenna, which would surprise me.

Please PM me that signal cheat sheet. We have no idea as techs what the hell they mean when in the field, nobody will tell us.

I'm on eastern arc and I had this happen around 11:00am central time this morning and the receiver defaulted to the SD version of the HD channel I was listening to/watching , while I got ready for work. I put up the guide and selected the hd version of the same channel and it worked again. Tonight it hit again around 7:00pm central time , same error code 11-11-11 and the channel again defaulted to the sd version of the hd channel, on 61.5 sat. Seems to have only affected the hd channels on 72.7 sat. My locals are on 61.5 so no loss on those channels.

Actually, I must say, I lost 72.7, AND 61.5 was a bit slow in response, but stayed.

I'm on eastern arc and I had this happen around 11:00am central time this morning and the receiver defaulted to the SD version of the HD channel I was listening to/watching , while I got ready for work. I put up the guide and selected the hd version of the same channel and it worked again. Tonight it hit again around 7:00pm central time , same error code 11-11-11 and the channel again defaulted to the sd version of the hd channel, on 61.5 sat. Seems to have only affected the hd channels on 72.7 sat. My locals are on 61.5 so no loss on those channels.
I've always wondered about this. Why does the SD work when HD doesn't? Let's have it the other way around....then most of us wouldn't even notice! :eek: :D

Less complicated signal, I'd guess.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I've always wondered about this. Why does the SD work when HD doesn't? Let's have it the other way around....then most of us wouldn't even notice! :eek: :D

I can't speak for eastern arc, but for western arc, it's usually that the customer is not getting the 129 sat. In general, with the WA folks, if they get the HD revert to SD, and they were to check Menu-6-1-3, on line G, they'd see 119/110/129, and 129 would be red, where 119 and 110 would be green.

I need to look more at the EA to see how it's laid out, since nearly all of the SD and HD programming is on 2 sats (61.5 and 72) versus the WA where most of the HD stuff is on 129.

Yes often the SD signal is from a different satellite.

And "Welcome back" eurosport.....

Mine said it was reverting to Sd channel because of signal loss. Of course no SD either. Then the searching for satellites screen came on and stayed on 1 of 5. I suppose it is because they were both out. Tuned to a LIL HD channel and it was on then I came here to see what was up. Still no explanation officially?

I count in the neighborhood of 35 to 40 channels on 61.5 in SD, plus most all the premium movie channels......

I count in the neighborhood of 35 to 40 channels on 61.5 in SD, plus most all the premium movie channels...... Plus many locals.

I can't speak for eastern arc, but for western arc, it's usually that the customer is not getting the 129 sat. In general, with the WA folks, if they get the HD revert to SD, and they were to check Menu-6-1-3, on line G, they'd see 119/110/129, and 129 would be red, where 119 and 110 would be green.

I need to look more at the EA to see how it's laid out, since nearly all of the SD and HD programming is on 2 sats (61.5 and 72) versus the WA where most of the HD stuff is on 129.

That would explain it here. 129 is always in the 40-50 range when the other 2 are considerably higher.

I went in to my locks menu on the hopper and locked out all the SD versions of channels with HD equivalents. I am hopping that if signal drops happen again I will just lose the picture and not default to the sd channel. I would rather default to a error message, than the ugly jarring SD video with blaring loud audio accompanying it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)