HD Locals keep going out

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
My HD locals keep dropping out, and I get the "Sorry for the interruption." message. This had better be working by the time LOST comes on tonight, or there will be hell to pay. I guess I'll see if I can peak my OTA signal enough to pull in ABC just in case, but the moved back to VHF, so I am not optimistic.

Ted

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
My HD locals keep dropping out, and I get the "Sorry for the interruption." message. This had better be working by the time LOST comes on tonight, or there will be hell to pay. I guess I'll see if I can peak my OTA signal enough to pull in ABC just in case, but the moved back to VHF, so I am not optimistic.

Ted

If your OTA tuner is set to a channel and that channel loses its OTA signal lock, that message is generated regardless of the channel or tuner (sat or OTA) currently being viewed. Make sure you have good signal strengths on all OTA channels. Eliminate from the local channel list all OTA channels for which you do not have a solid signal.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
If your OTA tuner is set to a channel and that channel loses its OTA signal lock, that message is generated regardless of the channel or tuner (sat or OTA) currently being viewed. Make sure you have good signal strengths on all OTA channels. Eliminate from the local channel list all OTA channels for which you do not have a solid signal.

Sorry, my LiL HD Locals are what was going out. OTA is backup because I don't get the best reception with it. Unfortunately, ABC 11 moved back to VHF after the analog shutoff and I only have a UHF antenna, so I an just going to have to hope the LiL channel stays up.

Ted

PS - I decided to also record the SD broadcast of LOST as well.

Rob052067

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 7, 2009
Columbus, OH
Sorry, my LiL HD Locals are what was going out. OTA is backup because I don't get the best reception with it.

What I think he was saying is that if you tuned to an OTA channel with bad reception on one tuner, that can cause you to get the bad reception message on other tuners. It's happened to me before too, where I know that the satellite reception is perfect, but because the OTA is tuned to a channel with low reception I kept getting error messages on the screen on the other tuners. It's a weird glitch.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
I'll repeat what I first posted, it doesn't make any difference what tuner you are watching, be it an OTA tuner or a SAT tuner. If your OTA tuner is on a channel for which signal lock is lost, this error is generated and interrupts whatever you are watching, another OTA tuner or a SAT tuner. Therefore, go through the local channel list on the setup and remove all scanned local channels that have weaker signals or get a better antenna. If you don't use your OTA tuner, go to the local channel setup and delete all local channels. That should stop the message from appearing and interrupting your viewing.

vaso

Aug 28, 2007
Hastings, MN
I don't think it's an OTA tuner issue. I'm getting the "interruption of service" message for WCCO in MN - both HD and non HD channels. ViP622 receiver has no external antenna and no local channels set up.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
I don't think it's an OTA tuner issue. I'm getting the "interruption of service" message for WCCO in MN - both HD and non HD channels. ViP622 receiver has no external antenna and no local channels set up.

Of course, it may not be related to the OTA tuner, but the forum is full of posts on this subject. It's been an ongoing issue for quite a while and one that many of us have observed from time to time. What happens when you change channels? Do you get the interruption message then? If so it is likely still part of the software glitch. Do you have any OTA (yellow) locals at all appearing in your guide listing?

vaso

Aug 28, 2007
Hastings, MN
I can change channels up or down to the next one. For instance, channel up is my local KSTP station, which works OK. There are no channels in the guide in yellow. I have no locals set up on this receiver, as there is no external antenna connected.

ncted

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
Durham, NC
I did not have any OTA channels setup on my 722. It seems to have stopped now in any case. I expect they were doing some maintenance or something. From what I understand, I should get better reception with my 1000+ than EA.

Cowchip

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 9, 2006
Minnesota

Same thing here. Looks like WCCO is back now.

vaso

Aug 28, 2007
Hastings, MN
Turned out to be a transmitter problem at our local CBS station WCCO. OTA signals as well as the feed for Dish were offline. Finally found that posted on the local's web site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)