HD Satellite Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

captprice

Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
Hi,

I am moving to a new apartment that has one of the older dual LNB dishes. DirecTV won't upgrade my dish because of some contract with the apartment complex (each apartment has it's own dish with a dish mount).

The CSR said that I could purchase a dish on my own if I wanted to, so long that I install the old dish when I move out. My question is, where can I buy a dish? And what dish do I need in order to receive HD content? Presumably one of the 5 LNB dishes? I called Best Buy and Radio Shack, and neither of them sell DirecTV dishes. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The dish you need depends on what receivers you have and whether your SD locals are on the 119 or 110 satellite. And how many lines are run from the existing dish. If your receivers are all SWM capable and the 110 and 119 sats aren't needed, then this is the dish you should get.
http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=AU9-SL3-SWM

This dish uses a larger diameter mast, so that would also have to be changed.

The dish you need depends on what receivers you have and whether your SD locals are on the 119 or 110 satellite. And how many lines are run from the existing dish. If your receivers are all SWM capable and the 110 and 119 sats aren't needed, then this is the dish you should get.

This dish uses a larger diameter mast, so that would also have to be changed.

How would I be able to determine whether my SD locals are on the 119 or 110 satellite? Or if I need the 110 and 119 sats at all? Obviously I'm a complete newbie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)