HD update and a turned on reciever

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ageism

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
If the receiver is recording or I am watching a program and the new HD guide tries to download, will I lose the download or will it take over the receiver and do the update? Thanks

I'm not sure, I think it will stop the recording to d/l the update.

I was watching, but not recording and it just started with no warning. The receiver switched off and the download started. It was right about 2am pacific time and took 15-20 mins. Don't know what would have happened had I been recording.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I was watching, but not recording and it just started with no warning. The receiver switched off and the download started. It was right about 2am pacific time and took 15-20 mins. Don't know what would have happened had I been recording.

Had you been recording it would have asked you what you would like to do.

Thanks Jimbo, now that you say it, I vaguely remember having that happen a long time ago. I was recording & given a choice to postpone the download.

Also wanted to say "thanks" to everyone as well, since the middleman company I'm forced to deal with is appallingly bad. I've found a lot of excellent info here, which means I deal with those idiots a lot less.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)